Research Interests: Molecular pathogenesis of viral infections, Molecular mechanism of vector-parasite and host- parasite interactions, Epidemiology of vector borne- and parasitic diseases- (Human and animals) – Public Health Implications. Emerging and re-emerging diseases of the tropics, Populations genetics of vector populations implicated in emerging and re-emerging diseases, Ecological genomics.
Conference Attendance and Presentations (In parenthesis)
- 1. African Technology Policy Studies Network- Science, Ethics and Technological Responsibility in Developing and Emerging Countries (ATPS-SETDEV) capacity building workshops, 14 – 17 July 2009, Mombasa, Kenya (Oral)
- 2. Postgraduate seminar, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya. July 18, 2008. (Oral)
- 3. Advanced Molecular and Cellular Basis of infection. Hermanus, South Africa. February 28th Feb – 9th March 2008 (Oral and poster presentation).
- 4. Biochemical society of Kenya annual scientific symposium, Nairobi, Kenya. September 26 – 27, 2002,
- 5. The African association of Insect scientist 25 th anniversary, scientific conference Nairobi, Kenya. February 16- 20, 2004.
- 6. Kenyatta University postgraduate seminar, Nairobi, Kenya. December 16-17, 2004. (Oral).
- 7. A Time to Heal: The Science of and Investments in Cracking Africa's Killer Diseases. The 3rd Annual Africa Genome Initiative (AGI) Conference, Nairobi, Kenya. March 22-24, 2005. (Poster).
- 8. Biochemical society of Kenya annual scientific symposium, Nairobi, Kenya. July 17- 18, 2007. (Oral)
- Mwaengo D, Lorenzo G, Iglesias J, Warigia M, Sang R, Bishop RP, Brun A., 2012., Detection and identification of Rift Valley fever virus in mosquito vectors by quantitative real-time PCR., Virus Research, 169(1):137-43
- LN Wangai, M Geoffrey, S Omar, G Magoma, FT Kimani, JM Mwangi, MW Burugu, N Maina, 2011, Molecular screening for Plasmodium falciparum resistance markers for artemisinins in Mbita, Kenya., African journal of clinical and experimental microbiology, 12(3): 106-110
- Sang, Rosemary; Kioko, Elizabeth; Lutomiah, Joel; Warigia, Marion; Ochieng, Caroline; O'Guinn, Monica; Lee, John; Koka, Hellen; Godsey, Marvin; Hoel, David; Hanafi, Hanafi; Miller, Barry; Schnabel, David; Breiman, Robert; Richardson, Jason , 2010, Rift Valley Fever virus epidemic in Kenya, 2006/2007: the entomologic investigations., American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 83: 28-37
- Burugu M. W; Abubakar L. U; Kenya E. U; and Osir E. O., 2008, The proteolytic lectin gene is expressed only in tsetse flies, Glossina species., International Journal of Tropical Insect Science, 27: 145–151.