- Elicah Nafula Wabululu, P.W.O Nyawere Daniel B. Bem First-Principles Calculation of Structural, Electronic and Elastic Properties of tysonite Lanthanum Fluoride (LaF3). Quest Journal of Research in Environmental and Earth Science. vol. 04 No.1, 2018. pp 36-40.
- P. N. Onkundi1,*, K. M. Munji1, D. B. Bem1and B. Muthoka. Effect of Deposition Parameters on Optical and Electrical Properties of SnO2: Al Thin Films Prepared by Spray Pyrolysis Technique for Optoelectronic Devices. Int. J. Thin. Fil. Sci. Tec. 7, No. 1, (2018). 25-3
- Elicah N. Wabululu, P. W. O. Nyawere, Daniel B. Bem. Scientific Research Through Simulation in Africa: Role of HPC in Computational Material Studies. International Journal of Materials Science and Applications, 2017; 6(4): 190-192
- Effect of Deposition Parameters on Optical and Electrical Properties of SnO2:Al Thin Films Prepared by Low Cost Spray Pyrolysis Technique – in preparation
- Structural and Optical Properties of a Yellow-emitting Phosphor for Applications in White Light Emitting Devices – in preparation
- Daniel B. Bem, Hendrick C. Swart, Adriaan S. Luyt and Francis B. Dejene. (2011) “Luminescent properties of long-lasting BaAlxOy:Eu2+,Dy3+ nanocomposites”. Published. In: Journal of Applied Polymer Science. Vol. 121, Issue 1, pp. 243–252, 5 DOI: 10.1002/app.33553. July 2011
- Daniel B. Bem, A.S. Luytc, B.F. Dejene, H.C. Swart. Temperature dependence of the structural and luminescent properties of long-lasting afterglow SrAlxOy:Eu2+,Dy3+ phosphor. Physica B: Condensed Matter. Volume 407, Issue 10, 15 May 2012, Pages 1556–1560. doi:10.1016/j.physb.2011.09.085
- F.B. Dejene, D.B. Bem, H.C. Swart. Synthesis and characterization of CaAlxOy:Eu2+ phosphors prepared using solution-combustion method. Journal of Rare Earths, Vol. 28, 2010, p. 272. DOI: 10.1016/S1002-0721(10)60380-8.
- Bem, D.B.; Swart, H.C.; Luyt, A.S.; Coetzee, E.; Dejene, F.B. Properties of Green SrAl2O4 Phosphor in LDPE and PMMA Polymers. Published. In the Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 117, Issue 5, pp. 2635–2640, (2010). DOI: 10.1002/app.31405. 05-Sep-2010
- D.B. Bem, A.S. Luyt, F.B. Dejene, J.R. Botha, H.C. Swart. Structural, luminescent and thermal properties of blue SrAl2O4:Eu2+,Dy3+ phosphor filled low-density polyethylene composites. Physica B: Condensed Matter. Volume 404, Issue 22, 1 December 2009, Pages 4504–4508.
- D.B. Bem, H.C. Swart, A.S. Luyt, M.M. Duvenhage, F.B. Dejene. Characterization of Luminescent and Thermal Properties of Long Afterglow SrAlxOy:Eu2+,Dy3+ Phosphor Synthesized by Combustion Method. Published. In the Journal of Polymer Composites. Volume 32, Issue 2, pages 219–226, February 2011 DOI: 10.1002/pc.21036.
- D.B. Bem “DC conductivity and Thermoelectric Power of Bromine-doped Polypropylene.” presented at the 1st regional/6th annual general conference of KNAP, Nairobi, 1992.
- "The electrical transport properties of bromine-doped polypropylene."-published in the East African Journal of Science, 1996.
- D.B. Bem "The electrical transport properties of bromine-doped polypropylene."-published in the East African Journal of Science, 1996.
- D.B. Bem ‘Laser technology in development” - published in Journal of East African Research and Development, 1998.
- “DC conductivity and Thermoelectric Power of Bromine-doped Polypropylene.” - presented at the 1st regional/6th annual general conference of KNAP, Nairobi, 1992.
Conferences/ Seminars / Workshops
- Departmental(Weekly), Uinversity seminars
- Third South African Conference on Photonic Materials, Kariega, South Africa, (June, 2011)
- International Conference on Rare Earths, Beijing, China, (2010)
- 53rd South African Institute of physics Conference, Durban (June, 2009)
- 52nd South African Institute of physics Conference, Polokwane (June, 2008)
- 4th International Conference of the African-Materials Research Society, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, (December, 2007)
- ICTP College on nanotechnology, Capetown, South Africa, (December, 2007)
- 51st South African Institute of physics Conference, Johannesburg (June, 2007)
- School on Optical Fibre Technology, Port Elizabeth, South Africa (March, 2007)