After training in various specializations of physics and petroleum engineering and, working in universities and the geothermal and petroleum industries for over thirty three (33) years, my recent focus in teaching and research has sought to expand my scope of work to include investigating modeling problems in various forms of renewable energy, hydrology, dispersal of pollutants in water bodies and the atmosphere, and atmospheric circulations. I still retain my interest in geothermal energy and I am deeply involved in problems of characterization of geothermal systems through modeling of fluid flow, tracer and injections tests, use of reservoir chemistry to monitor changes in reservoir fluid distribution during exploitation and geophysical techniques used in geothermal exploration. The common thread in these fields are deep computational requirements that they rely on for data analysis and interpretation. I intend to engage in this as well through use of state of art applications and by new developing applications
- Odek Antony , Githiri John, K’Orowe Maurice and Ambusso Willis. Power Spectral Analysis and Edge Detection of Magnetic Data of Migori Greenstone Belt, Kenya . IOSR Journal of Applied Geology and Geophysics (IOSR-JAGG) e-ISSN: 2321–0990, p-ISSN: 2321–0982.Volume 6, Issue 4 Ver. I (Jul. – Aug. 2018), PP 01-10 www.iosrjournals.org
- Nyakundi E. R, Githiri J. G and Ambusso W.J . Geophysical Investigation of Geothermal Potential of the Gilgil Area Nakuru County, Kenya Using Gravity. Journal of Geology & Geophysics. Volume 6 • Issue 2 • 2017. 1000278. ISSN: 2381-8719
- Ruth N Wamalwa, Christopher M Nyamai, Willis J Ambusso, Josephat Mulwa, Aaron K Waswa. Structural Controls on the Geochemistry and Output of the Wells in the Olkaria Geothermal Field of the Kenyan Rift Valley. International Journal of Geosciences, 2016, 7, 1299-1309
- Ruth N Wamalwa, Aaron K Waswa, Cristopher N Nyamai, Josephat Mulwa, Wills J Ambusso. Evaluation of the Factors Controlling Concentration of Non-Condensable Gases and Their Possible Impact on the Performance of Geothermal Systems: Case Study of Olkaria Wells in the Kenyan Rift Valley. International Journal of Geosciences 2016, 7, 257-279
- George Oduor Otieno, John Gitonga Githiri, Willis Jakanyango Ambusso. Integration of Ground Magnetics and Energy Dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy in Ilmenite Prospection in Magaoni, Kenya. Open Journal of Applied Sciences, 2016, 6, 79-88
- Benson C. Mwirigi* 1, John G. Githiri2, Willis Ambusso. Geophysical and Chemical Analysis of Iron Ore Deposits in Maua, Kenya. International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology. 2016 IJSRSET | Volume 2 | Issue 1 | Print ISSN : 2395-1990 | Online ISSN : 2394-4099 Themed
- Hezekiah K. Cherop, Lucy Muchiri, Githiri J. Gitonga and Willis J. Ambusso. Groundwater Investigation and Characterisation in Marigat area, Baringo County Using Electrical Resistivity Method. PP 33-42, www.iosr.org (Vol. 4. Issue 1, Vers.1). April 2016
- Muchiri Lucy, Ambusso Willis, Githiri John and Cherop Hezekiah. Geophysical Investigation and Characterization of Groundwater Aquifers in Kangonde Area, Machakos County in Kenya using Electrical Resistivity Method. PP 33-42, www.iosr.org (Vol. 4. Issue 2, Vers.1)”. April 2016
- Enos W. Wambu, Charles O. Onindo, Willis Ambusso, Gerald K, Muthakia. Review of fluoride removal from water by adsorption using soil adsorbents – An evaluation of the status. Journal of Water Reuse and Desalination 2015/7/8(1) July 2015.
- Kitur S. K, Ambusso W. J and KOnditi D. Design And Fabrication Of Aperture Coupled Microstrip Patch Antenna With Arbitrary Shaped Apertures. International Journal of Scientific Research and Engineering Studies (IJSRES) Volume 1 Issue 5, November 2014. ISSN: 2349-8862
- Benson Wang’ombe, Enock Okiambe, Peter Omenda, I.V.S. Rathore, and Willis Ambusso. A Numerical Solution to Estimate Hydro-Geologic Parameters of a Fractured Geothermal Porous Medium Based on Fluorescein Thermal Decay Correction. Geothermics Vol. 51 July 2014, Pages 124-129
- Otieno A. Bernad, Odek Anthony, Abuga Vincent, Githiri John and Ambusso Willis 2D-Forward Modeling of Ground Magnetic Data of Homa-Hills Geothermal Prospect Area, Kenya. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) ISSN (Online): 2319-7064. Volume 3 Issue 4, April 2014.
- William K. Langat, Nadir O. Hashim and Willis J. Ambusso. Gamma Ray Spectrometric Analysis of Sedimental Deposits at the Shores of Lake Nakuru, Kenya. Journal of Natural Sciences Research ISSN 2224-3186 Vol. 4, No. 21 2014
- Shikali Collins, Munji Mathew and Ambusso Willis. Radionuclide Content of Sands Used For Construction in Kakamega County, Kenya and Associated Indoor Radon Diffusion Fluxes. Journal of Environment and Earth Science, ISSN 2224-3216, Vol.4, No.17, 2014
- Abuga Vincent, Moustapha Kassim, Migwi Charles, Ambusso Willis and Muthakia Gerald. Geophysical Exploration of Iron Ore Deposit in Kimachia Area in Meru County in Kenya, Using Gravity and Magnetic Techniques. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), Volume 2 Issue 11, November 2013.
- Odek Anthony, Otieno A. Bernad, Ambusso J. Willis and Githiri J. G. 2D-Euler Deconvolution and Forward Modeling of Gravity Data of Homa-Hills Geothermal prospect, Kenya. Volume 15(1) 2013, Journal Of Agriculture, Science and Technology (JAGST)
- E. W. Wambu, C. O. Onindo, W Ambusso, GK Muthakia. 2013. Removal of fluoride from aqueous solutions by adsorption using a siliceous minerals of a Kenyan origin. CLEAN-Soil, Air, Water 41(4), 340-348. (DOI: 10.1002/clen.201100171)
- Enock Okiambe, Willis Ambusso, Benson Nganga and Richard Mogwasi. An algorithm for simulation of a Chemical Transport Equation in an Aquifer. Vol.2, No. 10, 2012. Mathematical Theory and Modeling. (ISSN 2224-5804 paper) ISSN-0522 (online))
- Enos W. Wambu, Charles O. Onindo, Willis Ambusso, Gerald K, Muthakia Equilibrium Studies of Fluoride Adsorption onto a Ferric poly−mineral from Kenya. Journal of Applied Sciences & Environmental Management 2012, in press
- Enos W. Wambu, Charles O. Onindo, Willis J. Ambusso and Gerald K. Muthakia, Fluoride adsorption onto an acid-treated lateritic mineral from Kenya: Equilibrium studies, African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology 2012, 6(3),
- Enos W. Wambu, Charles O. Onindo, Willis Ambusso, Gerald K, Muthakia. Fluoride Adsorption onto Acid-Treated Diatomaceous Mineral from Kenya Materials Sciences and Applications, 2011, 2, 1654-1660
- Kemei J.K., Langat G.K., Ambusso W. and Okumu J.” 2011. Results of Gravity and Ground Magnetic Survey of Manengai Geothermal Field. Paper presented at the Kenya Geothermal Conference, November 2011.
- A.B Otieno, Odek A, W.J Ambusso and G.J Gitonga. 2011. Geophysical Structure Of Homa Hills Geothermal Field Based on Gravity and Magnetic Survey. Paper presented at the Kenya Geothermal Conference, November 2011.
- Wang’ombe B. N, Ambusso W. J and Omenda P.A 2011 Modelling Tracer Flow Through an Aquifer in High temperature Geothermal System Using a Package in C++. Paper presented at the Kenya Geothermal Conference, November 2011.
- Wang’ombe B. N, Ambusso W. J and Omenda P.A 2011 Numerical Simulator to Estimate Hydrologic Parameters of a Highly Fractured Goethermal Porous Medium Using Flourescien Thermal Decay Correction. Paper Presented at THE FIRST KENYATTA UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL MATHEMATICS CONFERENCE, June 2011
- Roland N Horne, Cengiz Satik, Glenn Mahiya, Kewen Li, Willis Ambusso, Raul Tovar, Catherine Wang, Huda Nassori. Steam-Water Relative Permeability. Transactions Geothermal Resources Council, 1998 597-604
- Ambusso, W., Satik, C & Horne, R. 1996. Experimental Determination of Steam Water Relative Permeability Curves. Paper presented at Society of Petroleum Engineers Conference at Denver, Colorado, USA.
- Ambusso, W., Satik, C & Horne, R. 1996. A study of relative permeability for steam-water flow in porous media. Proc. Stanford Geothermal Workshop. Workshop 21, 305-311.
- Ambusso, W 1994 Results of injection and tracer test in Olkaria East geothermal field. Proc. Stanford Geothermal Workshop. Workshop 19, 155-160.
- Ambusso, W & Karingithi, C.W 1993 Response of Olkaria East geothermal field to production. Trans. Geothermal Resources Council, 17
- Omenda P.A, Onacha S.A & Ambusso W.J. 1993. Occurrence and Distribution of High Temperature Geothermal Systems in Kenya. Proc N.Z Geothermal Workshop. Workshop 15, 241-246.
- Ambusso, W .J. & Ouma, P.A 1991 Thermodynamic and Permeability Structure of Olkaria North East field: Olkaria fault. Trans. Geothermal resources Council. 15, 237-242.