• Sande et al., (2009) Proximity to a forest leads to higher honey yield: Another reason to conserve. Journal of Biological Conservation. 142(2009): 2703 – 2709.
• Sande et al., (2002) Effect of some common soil management practices on soil fauna populations, in Central Kenya. African Crop Science Conference Proceedings 5: 833-840.
• Sande et al., (2001) Influence of soil management practices on the diversity and abundance of soil fauna. Masters Thesis. April - December 2000.
• Sande, S. O. and A/Rhman I. M. (2000) Butterfly feeding behavior on Lantana camara’. Tropical Biology Association, course abstracts.
• Sande and Ogol, (1998) Insect pests affecting ornamental trees and shrubs in Kenyatta University. April 1998. Undergraduate Research Paper.
Courses seminars and conferences
- November 2013. Partial Conference Attendance Fee. Regional Conference of the International Network of Women Engineers and Scientists (INWES). Venue: Nairobi, Kenya. Sponsor: DAAD (German Academic Board in Africa).
- August 2011. Partial scholarship to attend. 14th Symposium on Insect Plant Relationships. Venue: Wageningen, The Netherlands.
- 22nd – 24th August 2008. Training workshop on ‘Adaptation of forests to Climate Change: working effectively at the interface of forest science and forest policy. Organized by Swedish University of Agriculture, International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO) and UN-Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) .
- February 2006. A CEPF (Critical Ecosystem Projects Fund) grant for fieldwork on honey bees for forest conservation at Arabuko Sokoke Forest, Kenya.
- October 2005. A PhD scholarship sponsored by DAAD (German Academic Board), ICIPE (International Centre for Insect Ecology) and The University of Pretoria.
- April 2004. A full scholarship for training in Conservation of Biodiversity. The Darwin Initiative, British Government.
- September 2000. A full scholarship for training in Conservation of Biodiversity. The Tropical Biology Association. September 1999 to September 2001.
- September 1999. Full Masters Course Scholarship. Rockefeller Foundation Forum for Agricultural Resource Husbandry. Kenyatta University.
- 1998, Longest Serving Peer Counselor. Kenyatta University in collaboration with Pathfinder International.