Department/Unit/Section: Zoological Sciences
Contact Address: P.O Box 43844 (00100) Nairobi
Download Full CV
Biodiversity conservation, agro-ecology, urban ecology
- Mohamed H.M., Khan R.Z, Mueke J.M., Hassanali A., Kairu. E and Pickett J.A. (2007). Behaviour and biology of Chilo partellus (Swinhoe) on Striga hermonthica (Del.) Benth. infested and uninfested maize plants. Crop protection 26(7): 998-1005
- Wale M., F. Schlthess, Kairu E and Omwega C. 2007) Effect of cropping systems on cereal stem borers in the cool-wet and semi-arid ecozones of the Amhara region of Ethiopia. Agricultural and Forest Entomology 9:1-12
- Wale M., F. Schlthess, Kairu E and Omwega C. (2006) Distribution and relative importance of cereal stem borers and their natural enemies in the Semi-arid and cool-wet ecozones of Amhara State, Ethiopia Ann., Soc.Entomol. Fr(ns) 42 (3-4):389-402
- Wale M., F. Schlthless, E.W. Kairu and C.O. Omwega (2006). Cereal yield losses caused by lepidotous stembore at different fertilizer levels in Ethiopia. J. Appl Entomol 130(4):220-227.
- Ngonde L., E.W. Kairu, J.M. Mueke and K.V.Seshu Reddy (2004). Farm management practices and their effects on yield, disease incidence and pest density of banana and groundnut in western Kenya: planting density, intercroppin and banana weevil Cosmopolites sordidus Germar (Coleoptera: curculionidae) trapping. East African Journal of life Science 5 (2):75-85
- Emena Getu, W.A. Overholt and E. Kairu (2003). Comparative studies on the influence of relative humidity and temperature on the developmental time of two populations of Cotesia flavipes (Cameron). Ethiop. J. Biol. Sci. 2(1): 49-60
- G. D.Emena, W.A. Overholt, E. Kairu and C.O. Omwega (2003). Evidence of the establisment of Cotesia flavipes (Hymenoptera:Braconidae), a parasitoid of cereal stemborers, and its host range expansion in Ethiopia. Bulletin of Entomological Research 93:125-129.
- L. Ngode, J.M. Mueke, E.W. Kairu and Seshu Reddy (2002). Effects of hot water treatment of banana planting material on establishment, yield and banana weevil Cosmopolites sordidus (Coleoptera: Curculionidae). East African Journal of Science 3 (2):3-10.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 March 2016 14:05