- Mary A. Opiyo, James Jumbe, Charles C. Ngugi & Harrison Charo-Karisa (2019) Different levels of probiotics affect growth, survival and body composition of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) cultured in low input ponds. J.SCIAF .2019
- Mary A. Opiyo, James Jumbe, Charles C. Ngugi & Harrison Charo-Karisa (2019). Dietary administration of probiotics modulates non-specific immunity and gut microbiota of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus cultured in low input ponds, International.Journal of Veterinary Science and Medicine, 7:1, 1-9, DOI: 10.1080/23144599.2019.162429
- Okemo P. Aloo P. A. Makila D. M. Jumbe J and Sifuna W. (2016). Contamination of minnow, Rastrineobola argentea through handling at landing sites and retail markets around Lake Victoria. East African Medical Journal 94: 1-5
- James Jumbe, Kibas P., Kakongoro, D. and Tumwebaze R. (2010). Current State of Handling, processing and Quality of Omena Rastrineobola argentea in Mfangano and Rusinga island. Proceedings of Fisheries and Aquaculture Cluster. Inter-University Council for East Africa. Lake Victoria Research Initiative
- Kibas P., Jumbe J., Kabugo D., Tumwebaze R. (2010). “A Gender perspective to enhancing Wealth Creation for Poverty Alleviation among Small Scale Fishers in the Lake Victoria Basin”, A research paper presented at the Moi University 6th International Conference, Eldoret, Kenya, 7th – 11th, 2010.
- Jumbe J., B. M. Mwangi and L. Maina, 2005. Utilization of reservoir dams for fish production in Maragua and Thika districts. AICAD Research Mini- Reviews Vol. 4, 2005 p 85 - 87.
- Jumbe J., 1997. The status of the Tana River dams 20 years after construction. In Remane (Ed.) Inland Fisheries Aquaculture and the Environment FAO - FISHING NEWS BOOKS. 1997, pp 33-44.