Department: Zoological Sciences
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
View full CV
Area of Specialization:
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=quyOaPcAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4091-3173
Research gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kevin-Kabui-2
- Molecular immunology
- Microbial genetics
- P.N. Nguhiu, L.W. Kabuage, P.N. Warutere, K.K. Kabui, and P.M. Kanina (2019). Emergence of Cysticercosis, a neglected meat-borne notifiable zoonosis in Thika sub county of Kiambu county, Kenya. African Journal of Rural Development, 4(2): 203-209.
- Purity Nguhiu, Lucy Kamau, Kevin Kinyua and Paul Matonge. (2017). Seroprevalence of Porcine Cysticercosis and associated risk factors in pigs slaughtered in abattoirs in Thika, Kiambu County, Kenya. Journal of Life Sciences: 11: 321-326.
- Kabui, K.K., Arimi S.M., Kang’ethe E.K., Omore A.O., Makokha, S., Nduhiu G., Mainga A.O. and Macharia J.K. (2015). A determination of raw milk quality and the most suitable microbiological test at the milk collection level in two regions of Kenya. International Journal of Veterinary Science, 4(2): 55-59.
- Food safety and informal markets – animal products in Sub-Saharan Africa (2015) edited by Roesel K and Delia G; Routledge 711, Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017.
- Dr. Kevin Kabui, Prof. Samuel Arimi, Prof. Erastus Kang’ethe, Dr. Stella Makokha, Dr. Amos Omore and Delia Grace, 2010- 2013, Assessment of milk quality and the potential of a quality based payment system in small holder farms in Limuru and Eldoret International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI), University of Nairobi, the Association for Strengthening Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa (ASARECA), Kenya Agricultural Research Institute (KARI)
- Kabui, K.K., Gathura, P.B., Mainga, A.O., Nduhiu, G., and Gicheru, M.M (2019). Isolation of Listeria species in milk and meat products in Nairobi and its environs and its implication in food safety. International Food Safety Conference held in Kenyatta University, Nairobi Kenya on 20th -24th May 2019.
- 5th- 6th May 2021- SPAS Staff Training on Development and Implementation of the Competency Based Curriculum. Organized by School of pure and Applied Sciences (SPAS) Kenyatta University in collaboration with Association for Faculty Enrichment in Learning and Teaching (AFELT).
- 9th - 10th February 2021- Staff training on Non-Communicable Diseases, Mental Health, Stress Management hosted by the Directorate of Wellness and Rehabilitation Services, Kenyatta University.
- 17th September 2020- Online Elsevier workshop on the article publishing process
- 20th - 24th May 2019- International Food Safety Conference held in Kenyatta University
- 23rd - 28th March 2014- One Health In- Service Leadership Training organized by One Health Central and Eastern Africa (OHCEA) at Hotel Cathay, Nakuru.
- 15th -17th September 2011- The first International Congress on Pathogens at the Human - Animal Interface (ICOPHAI) in Addis Ababa- Ethiopia.
- 13th - 14th September 2011- The Safe Food Fair Food project final workshop held at the International Livestock Research Institute Addis Ababa campus, Ethiopia.
- 10th - 12th November 2009- Seminar on organization and leadership training at Genevieve hotel, Nakuru. The training was organized by the Kenyan Government, GTZ and PSDA.
- 28th – 29th October 2009- Workshop on participatory risk assessment at the New Safari Hotel, Arusha, Tanzania.