MikhaliC. A., Kokwaro E. and Ndenga B. (2018) Effects of Insect Growth Regulator Pyriproxyfen on Dragonfly Nymphs as Predators of Anopheles Mosquitoes at Mahanga, Vihiga County, Kenya. Egerton J. Sci.& Technol.Vol. 16: 130-142 ISSN No. 2073 - 8277
J.O Nyamuni, E. Kokwaro, J. Ouma, T.V Ambundo (2015) Evaluation of Malaria Infection In Relation to Age and Residential Area in Nandi County, Kenya. E. Af. Med. J. Vol 92, No. 3
M. T. O. Odhiambo, O. Skovmand, J. M. Vulule, 1 and E. D. Kokwaro (2013) Evaluation of Polyethylene-Based Long Lasting Treated Bed) Net Netprotect on Anopheles Mosquitoes, Malaria Incidence, and Net Longevity in Western Kenya. Journ. of Trop. Medicine Volume 4.
Shirley A. Onyango, Uriel Kitron, Peter Mungai, Eric M. Muchiri, Elizabeth Kokwaro, Charles H. King, Francis M. Mutuku (2013) Monitoring malaria vector control interventions: Effectiveness of five different adult mosquito sampling methods. Med. Ent.6
Samuel Muiruri, Joseph Mwangangi, John Carlson, Ephantus Kabiru, Elizabeth Kokwaro, John Githure, Charles Mbogo &John Beier (2013) Effect of predation on Anopheles larvae by five sympatric insect families in coastal Kenya. J. Vector Borne Dis. 50, pp. 45–50
Kokwaro, E. D., Aseka, E., Ogingo, D. and Ong’amo, G. (2012) Mollusc shells of Lake Victoria species diversity, abundance and the potential for community livelihood. Proc. 1stNational Sc. Technol. and Innovation Conference
Ameka, C., Kokwaro, E.D. and Ndenga, B. (2012) Efficacy of the Anopheles gambiae predator dragonfly nymphs in the management of malaria. Proc. 1st National Sc. Technol. and Innovation Conference
Kokwaro, E. D., Gicheru, M. Okoth, S. Kariuki, F. and Ogingo, D. (2011) Improving food security and human health through integration of organic manure and medicinal plants into rice paddies in Ahero. Proc. 4th NCST Conference.KICC
Evelyn A Olanga, Michael N Okal1, Phoebe A. Mbadi1, Elizabeth D. Kokwaro, Wolfgang R. Mukabana1 (2010) Efficacy of synthetic odour blends and emanations on host seeking behavior of Anopheles gambiae mosquitoes. Malaria Journal
Arum, S.O., Kokwaro, E.D., & MULWA, F. (2010) Diversity and colonization of permanent and semi-permanent breeding habitats by Anopheles mosquitoes in a semi-arid ecosystem of Baringo district in Kenya. 2nd RUFORUM Biennial Meeting. Entebbe
Odhiambo, O., Skovmad, O., Vulule, L., Odeny, L., Mulaya, N., Kokwaro, E. D. (2009) Two years experience with a long lasting, insecticidal bednet, Netprotect: impact on malaria, bioefficacy and net quality Trop. Med. & Intern. Health 14, SUPPL.2: 30-97
- KOKWARO, E.D., NDAWULA, L. (2008) Communities to make money from Mollusc Shells. VicRes Newsletter No.5:7-10
- ONG’AMO, G.O., LE RU,B.P., MOYAL, P., CALATAYUD, P.A., LE GALL, P.,OGOL, .K.P.O., KOKWARO, E.D., CAPDEVILLE-DULAC, C., AND SILVAIN, J.F. (2008) Host-plant diversity of Sesamia calamistis Hampson (Lepidoptera:Noctuidae): Cytochrome b gene sequence reveal local genetic differentiation. J. experimentalis et Applicata 128: 154-161
- KOKWARO, E. D., OKOTH, S. O., KIRAGU, J. M. and MURILA, G. A. (2007) Influence of Socio-Economic and Cultural Activities on Vector-Host Interaction and Risk of Rhodesian Sleeping Sickness at Busia and Nguruman Areas of Kenya. Trends in Applied Sciences Research 2 (1):28-38
- 4.) S.O. OHAGA, E.D. KOKWARO, I.O. NDIEGE, A. HASSANALI and R. K. SAINI (2007) Livestock farmers’ perception and epidemiology of bovine trypanosomosis in Kwale District, Kenya. Preventive Veterinary Medicine 80:24-33
- O. S. OKOTH., E.D. KOKWARO, J.M. KIRAGU and G.A. MURILA (2007) Diurnal Activity of Allopatric Populations of Glossina pallidipes and Hosts and their Implications on Risk of Transmission of Sleeping Sickness in Kenya. J. of Entomology 4 (1):20-32
- OKOTH, S.O, KOKWARO, E.D., KIRAGU, J.M., and MURILA, G.A. (2007) Glossina pallidipes and Host Interactions: Implications of Host Preference on Transmission Risk of Rhodesian Sleeping Sickness in Kenya. Trends in Applied Sciences Research 2 (5): 386-394
- KOKWARO, E.D. (2006) Virus particles in male accessory reproductive glands of tsetse, Glossina morsitans morsitans Westwood (Diptera: Glossinidae) and associated tissue changes: Intern. Tropical Insect Science Vol.26, No.4, 266-272
- OKOTH, S.O., KOKWARO, E.D., KIRAGU, J.M. and MURILA, G.A. (2006) Susceptibility and Transmission Capacity of Subpopulations of Glossina pallidipes to Human Infective Trypanosoma brucei rhodesiense.Trends in Medical Research 1(1):75-85
- S.O. OHAGA, E.D. KOKWARO, I.O. NDIEGE, A. HASSANALI and R. K. SAINI (2006) Preliminary evaluation of repellents and baits in ‘push-pull’ tactic for tsetse and trypanosomosis suppression. ICIPE Biennial Scientific Report 2004- 2005 pp. 130-132
- MORAA, I., KAMAU, L., BAYOH, N., GIMNIG, J., KOKWARO, E.D., VULULE, J., HAWLEY, W. and WALKER, E. (2005) Elevated KDR frequency in Anopheles gambiae in western Kenya. Amer. J. Trop. Med. &Hygiene Vol.75, No.6, 915
- OKOTH, S.O., KOKWARO, E.D. and KIRAGU, J.M. (2004) Transmission dynamics and epidemiology of rhodesian sleeping sickness in the allopatric populations of Glossina pallidipes in Kenya. Proc. of the 6th Annual Eastern Africa Network for trypanosomosis.
- MOHAMMED, H.M; KHAN, Z. R; OVERHOLT, W. A. and KOKWARO, E.D. (2004) Behaviour and Biology of Chilo partellus (Lepidoptera. Pyralidae) on maize and wild gramineous plants. Intern. Tropical Insect Science 24:287-297)
- KOKWARO E. D. (2003) Virus Particles in male accessory reproductive glands of tsetse Glossiina morsitans morsitans and associated tissue changes. Ultrastructural study. Integrated Pest and Vector Management (IPVM) in the Tropics. Perspective and Future Strategies.pp.21
- MUSYOKI, J. M., OSIR, E., KIARA, H. K. and KOKWARO, E. D. (2003) Comparative infectivity to cattle of Theileria parva stabilates prepared from ticks fed In vitro and those fed on cattle. Experimental and Applied Acarology Vol.32:51-67
- NJAGU, Z., MIHOK, S., KOKWARO, E. D. and VERLOO, D. (1999) Isolation of Trypanosoma brucei from monitor lizard (Varanus niloticus) in an endemic focus of rhodesian sleeping sickness in Kenya. Acta Tropica, 72, 137-148.
- KAAYA, G.P., SESHU REDDY, K.V., KOKWARO, E.D. and MUNYINYI, D. M. (1993) Pathogenecity of Beauveria bassiana, Metarhizium anisopliae, Serrata marcescens to the banana weevil, Cosmopolites sordidus. Biocontrol Science and Technology, 3, 177-178.
- ADHIAMBO- ODUOL, J. KOKWARO, E.D., MIGUDA, E. and MURULI, L. (1993). The role of an Interdisciplinary network for Research in Reproductive health in Kenya. Workshop proceedings
- MIGUDA, E., MURULI, L. KOKWARO, E. D. and ADHIAMBO- ODUOL, J. (1993) The role of a Reproductive Health Consultative Group. Workshop Proceedings.
- ROGO, L. M., KOKWARO, E.D., MUTINGA, M.J. and KHAMALA, C.P.M. (1992) Differentiation of vector species of phlebotominae (Diptera: Pyschodidae) in Kenya by chrorionic sculpturing of the eggs. Journ. Medical Entomology, 29 (6): 1042-1044.
- KAAYA, G.P., KOKWARO, E.D. and MURITHI, J.K. (1991) Mortalities and lesions in adult Glossina morsitans morsitans experimentally-infected with the entomogenous fungi, Beaveria bassiana and Metarhizium anisopliae. Discovery and Innovation Vol. 3, No. 3, 55-60.
- KOKWARO, E.D., OTIENO, L.H. and CHIMTAWI, M. (1991) Salivary glands of the tsetse Glossina pallidipes Austen infected with Trypanosoma brucei and virus particles: ultrastructural study. Insect Sci. Application Vol. 12, Nos. 5/6, pp. 661-669.
- KOKWARO,E.D,.MRAMBA.N AND CHIMTAWI,M.(1990) Ultrastructural changes in Salivary Glands of the Tsetse Glossina morsitans morsitans Westwood infected with Virus and Rickettsia -like organisms. J. Invertebrate Pathology Vol.56, 337-346.
- MAINA,J.N.,MALOIY,G.M.O.,NJOGU,E.K. and KOKWARO,E.D. (1989) Scanning electron microscope study of the morphology of the reptilian lung :The savannah monitor lizard Varanus exanthematicus and Pan cake tortoise Melacocherus tornieri. The Anatomical Record 224:514-522
- KOKWARO, E.D and MURIITHI, J.K. (1988) Ultra structural characteristics of the ejaculatory duct of the male tsetse, Glossina morsitans morsitans Westwood. Insect Sci. Application Vol. 9, No.14 pp.475-482.
- KOKWARO, E.D., OKOTKOTBER, B.M., ODHIAMBO, T.R.and MURIITHI, J.K. (1987) Biochemical and immunochemical evidence for the origin of the spermatophore material in Glossina morsitans morsitans Westwood. Experientia Vol.43, pp 448-451
- KOKWARO, E.D. (1986) Spermatogenesis in the tsetse Glossina morsitans morsitans Westwood. Development, Growth and Differentiation Vol.28
- KOKWARO, E.D. (1986) Developmental changes in the ejaculatory duct of male tsetse Glossina morsitans morsitans Westwood. Proc.11th International Congresson Electron Microscopy, Kyoto Japan.
- RUNGU, L., MUTINGA, M.J and KOKWARO, E.D (1986) Chorionic sculpturing of eggs of some Kenyan Phlebotomine sand flies. Insect Sci. Application Vol. 7, No1 pp.45-48.
- WALADDE, S.M., KAHORO, H.M., KOKWARO, E.D and CHIMTAWI, M. (1985) Responses of Chilo partellus to material obtained from susceptible and resistant maize cultivars: electrophysiology and behavior. Insect Sci. Application Vol 6,No 3 pp341-347
- KOKWARO, E.D and OTIENO, L.H. (1984) Ultra structural observations of tsetse salivary glands infected with Trypanasoma brucei and virus –like particles. 3rd Intern. Congress on Cell biology (ICCB)
- WALADDE,S.M.,KOKWARO,E.D.,GALUN,R.andCHIMTAWI,M.(1984)Tibial campaniform sensilla of Glossina morsitans J. Insect Physiology Vol. 3 No. 9,pp.751- 755
- WALADDE, S.M., KOKWARO, E.D and CHIMTAWI, M. (1984) Antennal responses to physical and chemical stimuli among the Pyralidae Chilo partellus, Maruca testulalis and Eldana saccharina .Proc.VII International Congress of Entomology
- KOKWARO, E.D. (1983) Sperm development in Glossina morsitans morsitans Westwood. Adv. Invert. Rep.Vol 3 Edited by Wolf Engels and Dirk f.Went
- KOKWARO, E.D. (1983) Egg chamber development in the ovarioles of the flesh fly, Sarcophaga tibialis Macquart (Diptera: Sarcophagidae) during the first reproductive cycle. Insect Sci. Application Vol. 4, No. 3 pp.247-252
- KOKWARO, E.D. (1983) Oocyte development in the adult fleshfly, Sarcophaga tibialis Macquart (Diptera:Sarcophagidae) during the first reproductive cycle. Insect Sci. Application Vol. 4, pp.241-246
- ODHIAMBO, T. R., KOKWARO, E.D. and SEQUEIRA, L.M. (1983) Histochemical and ultrastructural studies of the male accessory reproductive glands and spermatophore of the tsetse, Glossina morsitans morsitans Westwood. Insect Sci. Application Vol. No.3, pp. 227-236
- KOKWARO, E.D., NDAWULA, L. ASEKA, E. & ONG’AMO, G. (2009) Diversity patterns preparation) and abundance of fresh-water mollusc shells and associated habitats a long Lake Victoria (In preparation).
Kokwaro Elizabeth, Michael Kahato, Oging’o Dalmas & Gicheru Michael (2015) Intermittent Irrigation and Cow dung as an Alternative Strategy for Rice Production in Ahero Irrigation Scheme, Kenya.
Kokwaro, E., Boera P. &Kariuki, F. (2013) Nutrient Analysis of Fish and Fisheries Wastes for Value Addition into Aqua Feeds
Daniel Munywoki, Joseph Mwangangi, Elizabeth Kokwaro & Charles Mbogo (2013) Insecticide resistance monitoring in malaria vectors in Kilifi County, a long the coastal Kenya
Kokwaro, E.D., Aseka, E., Ogingo, D. and Ong’amo, G. (2012) Lake Victoria mollusc shells: species diversity, abundance, distribution and the potential for community livelihood in Kenya
Improving Food Security and Human health through Integration of Organic Manure and Medicinal Plants into Rice Paddies in Ahero.3rd-6th May 2011
Utilization of freshwater molluscan shells in sustainable community livelihood around Lake Victoria. Aquaculture Workshop. 5-8 July, 2009, Arusha.
Mollusc shells as a potential source of livelihood for the riparian communities along L. Victoria. 1st Kenyatta University Conference. 28-30th April, 2009, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Value addition to Lake Victoria mollusc shells for sustainable community livelihood around the basin. BIO-EARN/VCRES Scientific Conference. 24-26th November, 2008- Kampala, Uganda.
- Improving food security and human health through integration of livestock, medicinal plants and water management to combat mosquito vectors in Ahero rice paddies. Commission for Higher Education Research Dissemination Workshop 26th-31st August, 2008- Mombasa, Kenya.
- Value-addition to fresh water mollusc shells in sustainable community livelihood around Lake Victoria Basin. 5th VicRes Annual Forum, 19-25th May 2008, Arusha, Tanzania.
- Networking and linkages: Sharing Information. Gender Training Workshop, Kenya School of Monetary Studies.20-22nd February 2008
- Utilization of Lake Victoria mollusc shells in ornamentation. 4th VicRes Annual Forum, 19-25th May 2007, Jinja, Uganda.
- Value-addition to fresh water mollusk shells for sustainable community livelihood around Lake Victoria. African Ministeral Council for Science and Technology Exhibition, 12-17th November 2007, Mombasa.
- Utilization of freshwater molluscan shells in sustainable community livelihood around Lake Victoria. 3rd VicRes Annual General Meeting, 1-3 May, 2006, Kisumu.
- Virus particles in the male accessory reproductive glands of Glossina morsitans morsitans and associated tissue changes: Ultra structural study. 15TH Biannual Congress of the Association of Insect Scientists (AAIS), ICIPE, Duduville. 9th-13th June 2003
- Comparative infectivity to cattle by Theileria parva stabilates prepared from ticks fed in vitro and those fed on cattle. 15TH Bi-annual Congress of the Association of Insect 2 Scientists (AAIS), ICIPE, Duduville. 9th-13th June 2003
- In vitro feeding of Rhipicephalus appendiculatus nymphs and its application in the production of Theileria parva stabilates. 2nd African Acarology Symposium, Novel Approaches to Tick and Mite management in the new Millennium, ICIPE, Duduville, 3rd –7th Dec.2001.
- Reproduction in tsetse flies. IFIAS planning workshop for Women in Science and Development. Toronto, Canada, March 19th – 21st 1991 Salivary glands of the Tsetse, Glossina morsitans and G. pallidipes Infected with trypanosomes, virus and rickettsia- like organisms. Symposium on Insect Pest and Sustainable food Production in Africa. Lusaka, Zambia. 4th – 8th December, 1989.
- Mortalities and lesions caused by Beauveria bassiana and Metarhizium anisophliae infections on adult Tsetse, Glossina morsitan. International Study workshop on Tsetse population and behaviour 6th-11th August 1989, ICIPE, DuduVille.
- Developmental changes in the ejaculatory duct of male Tsetse, G.morsitans. International Congress on Electron microscopy. 31st Sept. - 7th Oct. 1986.
- Ultra structural observations on Tsetse salivary glands infected with Trypanosoma brucei and virus-like particles. Third International Conference on Cell Biology, August 26th –31st 1984, Tokyo Japan.
- Spermatogenesis in Tsetse. 3rd International Symposium of Invertebrate Reproduction, August 22nd –27th 1983, Tubingen, West Germany.
- Spermatogenesis in pupal instar of Glossina morsitans. 5th International Symposium on Spermatology (ISS). August 25th- 29th, 1988, Fujiyoshida, Japan.
- The functional morphology of the male accessory reproductive glands. The Sapporo Conference on the Ultrastructure and Functioning of Insect cells, August 3rd- 6th, 1982, Sapporo, Japan.
- The functional morphology of the male accessory reproductive glands is tsetse G.morsitans. Inauguration of the Association of African Insect Scientists. 5th - 7th Dec. 1978, Nairobi.
- Insect Pests. Fourth All African Conference of Business and Professional Women. 1978, Nairobi