UNIVERSITY EDUCATION:BSC (1974) Meerut University, Meerut,(U.P),INDIA
MSC :(1976) Meerut University, Meerut ,(U.P),INDIA
PhD: (1983); AWARDED:Meerut University, Meerut,(U.P.), INDIA
FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION: Fish and Fisheries (Aquatic Biology) and Public Health
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY/ WORK EXPERIENCE
Current position: Associate Professor in Department of zoological sciences 2019 to date
Senior Lecture (Aquatic Ecology) in the Department of zoological Sciences in Kenyatta University- 1997
Lecturer (Aquatic Ecology) in the Department of zoological Science Kenyatta University- 1985 to 1997
Lecturerin DAV College in zoology department ,Muzaffar Nagar Meerut University,INDIA—1982-1983
Previous positions-36 years (one year in India and 35 years in Kenyatta University,Kenya )
1.Chairman - Department of zoological sciences March 2015 to 2019 March
2. Acting Chairman department of zoological sciences –Dec 2012 to Jan 2013
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS:
- Shadrack A. Yonge, Michael F. Otieno, Rekha R. Sharma, Sarah S. Nteka(2019) Community Normal Reference Values for CD3+, CD4+, CD8+T Lymphocytes and Leucocytes among Immunocompetent Adults in Coastal Kenya ,Journal of Biosciences and Medicines, 2019, 7, 99-114
- Shadrack Ayieko Yonge, Michael Fredrick Otieno, Rekha Rani Sharma (2017),Predictors of Consistent Condom and VoluntaryCounselling and Testing Services Utilization Among BodaBoda Operators in Coastal Region of Kenya,Science Journal of Public Health , Vol.5(3): 152-161.
- N. Namusonge, P. N. Kabue, and R. R. Sharma (2016), women’s persistent
- utilization of unskilled birth attendance: a study of mothers in kakamega county, Kenya, East African Medical Journal Vol. 93 (11) 33-53
- Shadrack A. Yonge, Michael F. Otieno and Rekha R. Sharma (2016) Predictor,haematological and cytokine profiles inTuberclosis-HIV coinfection patients during TB treatment and HAARTin coastal region of Kenya,International Journal of Applied Science and Technologyvol.6,No,3: 126-136.
- A. Yonge, M. F. Otieno, R. R. Sharma and R. C. A. Omedo(2016). Risk Factors in Transmission of Tuberculosis Infection in Mombasa, Kenya: An Epidemiological Descriptive Study,International Journal of Tropical Disease &Health,
- Vol.13 (4): 1-10,
- Syprine A. Otieno ,Rekha R. Sharma ,Odongo Kenneth Ouma (2016)Levels Of Heavy Metals In Tilapia (Oreochromis Niloticus) And Catfish (Clarias Gariepinus) Along River Ruiru, Kenya Journal of Ecology, 3. (30 )May.
- Yonge, S.A., M.F.M.Otieno,R. Sharma,. and R.Manohar (2016).Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Immunological Profiles among Suspected Tuberculosis Cases in Mombasa County, Kenya.,vol 4,34-45.
- Kenya,S. A. Yonge, Michael F. Otieno, Sharma and Sarah S. (2016).Clinical Manifestations and CD4 Counts of Tuberculosis in Human Immunodeficiency Virus-infected and Un-infected among Newly Diagnosed Patients in Mombasa, International Journal of Tropical Diseases & Health,vol,16(3): 1-13.
- Otieno S. A, Saini R. K, Oguge N. O and R.Sharma(2011). Mating Behaviour and Fecundity of two populoations of Glossina Fuscipes Fuscipes Newstead ( Diptera: Glossinidae). . J. Natcon 23 (1): 51-60.
- Yonge, Michael F. Otieno, Rekha R. Sharma and Sarah S. (2011).Assessment of knowledge and attitude regarding Tuberclulosis Adolescents Mombasa District, Kenya. Aquacult Vol. 12 (1), 145-150.
- Gabriel O.Ngonga,Odour Margret,John Vulule, Rekha Sharma and M.Gicheru Michael (2011). Influence of age and sex on plasmodium falciparum malaria susceptibility in children 1-10 years in Kisumu town, Kenya. Aquacult Vol. 12 (1), 1-10.
- N.Kereka and R.R.Sharma(2010).Utilization of Insecticide treated nets amongst pregnant women in District Thika. J. Natcon 22 (2), 89-195.
- Lydia B Nyamwamu,Michael M.Gicheru,Rekha R.Sharma,Albert Kimtai,Willy k.Tonui,Peter Kamau Ngure (2009). Evaluation of the immumochromatographic strip test for the rapid diagnosis of antenatal syphilis in women in Eldoret, Kenya. Journal of Nanjing Medical University. Vol, 23(5),231- 235.
- Rekha Sharma(2008). Factors Influencing Implementation of Public Health Standards in selected City Council Markets in Nairobi; Kenya. J. Natcon. Vol.20(2).311 – 319, 20
- Judy W.Mugo,Ephantus W.Kabiru and Rekha R.Sharma(2008). The types of Non-prescription drugs bought by the residents of the city of Nairobi, Kenya. J. Natcon. Vol. 20 (1), 33 – 39.
- E.Odek,Eucheria .U.Kenya,MariamT.Mwanje,Claus M.Reimert, Jimmy H.Kihara,J.Vennervald,John H.Ouma and Rekha R.Sharma(2008).A comparative study of Eosinophiluria in single and mixed Schistosoma infections in Kenyan School Children. J. Natcon. Vol. 20 (1), 81 – 96.
- A.Hussein,R.R.Sharma.M.F.Otieno and Y.Kombe, (2007).Antimicrobial resistant pattern among food handlers in Nairobi, Kenya. J. Natcon. Vol. 19 (2), 301– 306.
- A.Hussein,R.R.Sharma.M.F.Otieno and Y.Kombe, (2007). Efficacy and Compatibility of fungi, Neem and Commercial Acaricide as control Agents for Ticks. J. Natcon. Vol. 19 (2), 321 – 331.
- A.Hussein,R.R.Sharma.M.F.Otieno and Y.Kombe(2005). Antimicrobial Resistant Pattern of E. Coli among food-Handlers in Nairobi (Kenya) Accepted in National Biological Postgraduate Scientific Conference; Nairobi (Kenya); 2nd – 5th August.
- Peter Abwao and Rekha Rani Sharma (2004). Urbanization and Storm water management:: A case study of Nairobi Kenya. J. Natcon. Vol 16 (1), 217 – 220
- Peter Abwao and Rekha Rani Sharma(2004). Environmental Problems of Kisumu. Aquacult, Vol. 5(2), 139-149.
- Peter Abwao and Rekha Rani Sharma and Ram Manohar (2004). Surface Water Quality appraisal. Aquacult; Vol. 5(1), 49-58.
- Peter Abwao and Rekha Rani Sharma(2003). Source and Pollution Status of Nairobi’s River. Aquacult; Vol.4 (1), 121-127.
- Rekha Sharma (2003). Water Quality, Monitoring: A case of Nairobi River. Journal of Nature Conservation, Vol.15 (2), 557-565.
- Rekha Rani Sharma and Paul Wamwea Wabitah (2001).Performance of Sex reversal techniques in Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) at Sagana Fish Farm, Kenya J. Natcon; Vol.13 (1), 1-7.
- Rekha Rani Sharma,A.K.Pandey and G.R.Shukla (2001).Histopathological alterations in fish tissues induced by pesticides toxicity. Aquacult; Vol.2 (1), 31 – 43.
- R.Shukla,Rekha Rani Sharma and Ram Manohar (2000). Impact assessment of Industrial pollution on Krishna River. Aquacult; Vol. 1, No. 1, 69-90.
- Binesh Chaudhary,Rekha Sharma and G.R Shukla(1998). Alteration in tissues composition of Mystus vittatus exposed to Toxaphene and Naled. J. Natcon; Vol. 10(2), 225 – 229.
- Rekha Sharma (1996). Toxicological effects of mercuric chloride on the enzymes of kidney, and ovary of Channa, punctatus. Journal of Nature Conservation, Vol. 8 (1), 53-56
- Rekha Sharma(1995). Studies on the Binding of Vanadium (V) with Soluble Ovalbumin (OAS) and Denatured ovalburium (OAD) in vitro. Accepted in 35th International Congress of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC Congress) in Istanbul (Turkey); 14 – 19 August.
- Rekha Sharma(1994). Enzymological alterations in the kidney of fresh water fish, Channa punctatus exposed to mercuric-chloride. International Journal of Biochemiphysics; Vol. 3; No. 1.
- V.S. Rana and Rekha Sharma(1994). Effects of methyl mercuric chloride on enzymes of Hepatic metabolism of Heteropneustes – fossilis. Journal of nature conservation; Vol. 6, No.1 49 – 53.
- V.S.Rana and Rekha Sharma(1982).In-Vitro reversal of renal dehydrogenases inactivated by mercury in a fish, Channa, punctatus by EDTA. Industrial Health, 20, 371 – 375
- V.S.Rana and Rekha Sharma (1982). Mercurial Toxicity with special reference to carbohydrates in the liver of a fresh water teleost, Channa, punctatus. Proc. 69th Indi. Sci. CongCo-enzyme effects of inorganic mercury in the liver of a fresh water fish, Channa, punctatus. J. Applied toxicology 2,6, 275 – 277.
- V.S.Rana and Rekha Sharma(1982). Mercurial toxicity in the Liver of a fresh water teleost, Channa punctatus. Toxicology Letters, 11, 7-10
- 35.S.V.S.Rana and Rekha Sharma(1981) Interaction of mercury with few enzymes in the liver of a fresh water fish, Channa, punctatus. Symp. On Evaluation of our Environment