- Lucy M. Kamau, Harry W. Wright, Alasdair J. Nisbet, Alan S. Bowman (2013), Development of an RNA-interference procedure for gene knockdown in the poultry red mite, Dermanysus gallinae: Studies on Histamine Releasing Factor and Cathepsin-D, African Journal of Biotechnology
- Maina T.S.N., Kamau L., Kabiru E.W., Ogata B.R., Shitandi A (2013). Evaluation of bacteriological quality of aircraft food at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi, Kenya. Science Research 2013: (1): 1-8
- L. Kamau, R.A. Skilton, D.O Odongo, S. Mwaura, N. Githaka, E. Kanduma, M. Obura, E. Kabiru, A. Orago, A. Musoke and R.P Bishop (2010). Differential transcription of two highly divergent gut-expressed Bm86 antigen gene homologues in the tick Rhipicephalus appendiculatus (Acari: Ixodida). Insect Molecular Biology 2011 20 (1) 105-114
- David O. Odongo, Lucy Kamau, Robert Skilton , Stephen Mwaura , Cordula Nitsch, Evans Taracha , Antony Musoke , Claudia Daubenberger, Richard Bishop (2007). Vaccination of cattle with TickGARD induces cross-reactive antibodies binding to conserved linear peptides of Bm86 homologues in Boophilus decoloratus. Vaccine Vol. 25 (2007); 1287-1296
- Lucy Muthoni Kamau (2006); Isolation, recombinant expression and Characterization of polymorphism in the Bm86 vaccine antigen homologues from Rhipicephalus appendiculatus. PhD Thesis, Kenyatta University.
- Lucy M. Kamau 2, Robert A. Skilton1, Ephantus W. Kabiru2, Alloys S. Orago2?, Anthony J. Musoke 1¥, Richard P. Bishop1 Anti-tick Vaccines: The Rhipicephalus appendiculatus (Ra86) homologues of the Boophilus microplus Bm86 antigen has potential for use as a vaccine against R. appendiculatus infestations. (presented at the 1st Kenyatta University Research Conference in April 2009 and submitted for publication through the Kenyatta university centre for research)
- Lucy M. Kamau, Robert A. Skilton, Delia wasawo, Antony J. Musoke , Richard P. Bishop. Positive Selection in a ‘concealed’ gut potential vaccine antigen from Rhipicephalus appendiculatus. (In preparation)
- Lucy Muthoni Kamau (1992); Survey of Cobalt- related vitamin B12 deficiency in goats in small farming communities in some regions of the Kenyan Rift valley. MSc. Thesis, University of Nairobi.
Local Conferences, Workshops & Seminars Attended
- August 2012 Facilitator: training on Bio safety Awareness for Kenyatta University staff, held in Kenyatta University Conference Centre.
- August 2005 National Zoological Conference, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya.
Oral Presentation paper entitled; Tick Vaccines; The potential applicability of the Bm86 vaccine antigen homologue from Rhipicephalus appendiculatus as an anti-tick vaccine.
- August 2004 National Zoological Conference, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya.
Oral Presentation paper entitled; Genetic Polymorphism in a concealed potential vaccine antigen from Rhipicephalus appendiculatus.
- August 2001 Department of Zoology Annual Postgraduate Conference, Kenyatta University.
Oral Presentation paper entitled; Candidate vaccine antigens in Rhipicephalus appendiculatus: Evaluation of cattle protection against Boophilus decoloratus and Rhipicephalus appendiculatus infestation by vaccination with Bm86 gut antigen derived from Boophilus microplus.
- August 2000 Department of Zoology Annual Postgraduate Conference, Kenyatta University.
Oral Presentation paper entitled; Isolation and characterization of genes encoding candidate vaccine antigens in Rhipicephalus appendiculatus: Preliminary results.
- January 2000 University of Nairobi, DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) seminar.
Oral Presentation paper entitled: The role of skin bacteria in Anopheles gambiae mosquito host seeking behaviour.
- August 1997 Department of Zoology Annual Postgraduate Conference, Kenyatta University.
Oral Presentation paper; Research project proposal entitled; Immunization of cattle against Rhipicephalus appendiculatus using tick derived immunogen.