- Gyun-Tack Bae, Lucy W. Kiruri, Barry Dellinger, and Randall Hall. Computational Modeling of the Initial Steps in Copper Oxide-Catalyzed Formation of Poly-Chlorinated Dibenzo Dioxins and Furans. (Manuscript Submitted in the Environmental science & technology Journal).
- Noureen Siraj, Farhana Hasan, Susmita Das, Lucy W. Kiruri, Karen E. Steege Gall, Gary A. Baker, and Isiah Warner. Carbazole-derived GUMBOS: solid state fluorescent analogs of ionic liquids for potential applications in organic-based blue light-emitting diodes. (J. Physical Chemical C, Article ASAP DOI: 10.1021/jp410784v).
- James R. Reed, George F. Cawley, Taylor G. Ardoin, Barry Dellinger, Slawomir, M. Lomnicki, Farhana Hasan, Lucy W. Kiruri, and Wayne L. Backes. Environ-mentally Persistent Free Radicals Inhibit Cytochromes P450 Activity in Rat Liver Microsomes. Toxicology and applied pharmacology, Doi: 10.1016/j.taap.2014.03.021.
- Lucy W. Kiruri, Lavrent Khachatryan, Barry Dellinger, and Slawo Lomnicki. Effect of Copper Oxide Concentration on the Formation and Persistency of Environmentally Persistent Free Radicals (EPFRs) in Particulates. Environmental Science & Technology, 48 (4): 22122217. Doi: 10.1021/es404013g. PMCID: PMC3983329.
- Lucy W. Kiruri, Barry Dellinger, and Slawo Lomnicki (2013). Tar Balls from Deep Water Horizon Oil Spill: Environmentally Persistent Free Radicals (EPFR) Formation During Crude Weathering. Environmental Science & Technology, 47(9), 42204226.
- Patterson, M. C., Keilbart, N. D., Kiruri, L. W., Thibodeaux, C. A., Lomnicki, S., Kurtz, R. L., Poliakoff, E. D., Dellinger, B., Sprunger, P. T. (2013). EPFR formation from phenol adsorption on Al2O3 and TiO2: EPR and EELS studies. Chemical Physics, 422(0), 277282.
- Sarah Mahne, Gin C. Chuang, Edward Pankey, Lucy Kiruri, Philip J. Kadowitz, Barry Dellinger, and Kurt J. Varner (2012). Environmentally persistent free radicals decrease cardiac function and increase pulmonary artery pressure. American Journal of Physiology-Heart and Circulatory Physiology. 303, H1135H1142
- Lucy W. Kiruri, Gyun-Tack Bae, Barry Dellinger, and Randall Hall. A DFT Study of the Reaction of Chlorinated Phenols with Copper Oxide Clusters. Proceedings of Louisiana EPSCoR RII LA-SiGMA Symposium, 1-5, 2012.
- Lucy W. Kiruri, Barry Dellinger, and Randy Hall (February 22nd 2014). Formation and Stabilization of Enviromentally Persistent Free Radicals (EPFRs) A DFT study. Kenya Chemical Society, AGM/WORKSHOP held at School of Physical Sciences Boardroom, Chiromo Campus, University of Nairobi.
- Lucy W. Kiruri, Slawo Lomnicki, and Barry Dellinger, (October 15−17, 2013). Effects of Metal Concentration on EPFRs Yield, Persistency, and OH Radical Generation. Superfund Research Program 2013 Annual Meeting Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center, Baton Rouge, LA (USA).
- Lucy W. Kiruri, Barry Dellinger, and Randall Hall (June 12 − 13, 2013). A density functional study of the reactions of 2-Chlorophenol, 1, 2-Dichlorobenzene, Chlorobenzene with CuO - Cu8O8 clusters. 2rd Computing User Symposium, Louisiana State University - Baton Rouge, LA (USA).
- Lucy W. Kiruri, Barry Dellinger, and Slawo Lomnicki (May, 14 − 18, 2013). Effect of Cu(II)O concentration in Cu(II)O/Silica particles on the formation of environmentally persistent free radicals (EPFRs) and reactive oxygen species (ROS). 13th International Congress on Combustion By-Products and their Health Effects, New Orleans, LA (USA).
- Lucy W. Kiruri, Barry Dellinger, and Slawo Lomnicki (October 21−24, 2012). Formation and Stabilization of Combustion-Generated, Environmentally Persistent Radicals on Alumina Surfaces. The 25th Annual Meeting of the Superfund Research Program Marriot City Center - Raleigh, NC (USA).
- Lucy W. Kiruri, Gyun-Tack Bae, Barry Dellinger, and Randall Hall (July, 2012). Copper Oxide-Cluster Model of Environmentally Persistent Free Radicals Formation. LA-SiGMA & LA-EPSCoR Annual Symposium, Baton Rouge, LA (USA).
- Lucy W. Kiruri, Barry Dellinger, and Randall Hall (July, 2012). Global Reaction Route Mapping (GRRM): Study of Al2O3 Isomers. Paper presented at the 2nd Annual LA-SiGMA Graduate Students Retreat, Tulane University, LA (USA).
- Lucy W. Kiruri, Gyun-Tack Bae, Barry Dellinger, and Randall Hall (June, 2011). Ab initio Studies of Reactions of Phenol and Chlorinated Phenols with Copper Oxide Clusters. 12th International Congress on Combustion by Products and their Health Effects, Hangzhou, China.