- Gathaara, M P H and Kiara, J M, 1984., Factors that influence yield in close-spaced coffee: I Light, dry matter production and plant water status. Kenya Coffee, 49 (580), 203 – 211 (1984).
- Gathaara, M P H and Kiara, J M, 1985., Factors that influence yield in close-spaced coffee: II Yield components. Kenya Coffee 50 (587), 387 – 392 (1985).
- Gathaara, M P H, 1986., Effects of some seed advancement treatments on the germination of Coffea arabica seeds. Kenya Coffee 51 (593), 55 – 59 (1986)
- Masaba, D M; Owuor, J B and Gathaara, M P H, 1986., Arabica coffee production in Kenya: an overview. Outlook on Agriculture, 15 (2), 88 – 92, (1986)
- Gathaara, M P H, 1988., Effects of irrigation rates and frequency on the growth and yield of Arabica. Kenya Coffee 53 (618), 309 – 312 (1988)
- Gathaara, M P H, 1988., Tree performance at close spacing as influenced by pruning cycle and site. Kenya Coffee 53 (626), 479 – 482 (1988)
- Gathaara, M P H and Kiara, J M, 1990., Density and fertilizer requirements of the compact and disease resistant Arabica coffee. Kenya Coffee 55 (646), 907 – 910 (1990)
- Gathaara, M P H and Gitau, K M, 1991., Effects of ergostim biostimulant on the growth, yield and quality of Arabica coffee. Kenya Coffee 56, 1117 – 1120 (1991)
Langat, Charles; Gathaara, Moses Hungu and Cheruiyot,Richard (Aug 2015).
Comparative response of catechin levels in drought tolerant and susceptible tea clones (Camellia sinensis (L) O Kuntze under different moisture regimes. African Journal of Plant Science 9(8):334-338.
International Conferences Attended and Papers Presented
- Association Scientifique Internationale du Café (ASIC) 1997, NAIROBI, Kenya
- Association Scientifique Internationale du Café (ASIC) 1999, HELSINKI, Finland
- Association Scientifique Internationale du Café (ASIC) 2001, TRIESTE, Italy
- Inter-African Coffee Organisation (IACO) Workshop on strengthening coffee projects for poverty reduction in Africa 2001, Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
- Connecting, enhancing and sustaining environmental services and market values of coffee agro-forestry in Central America, East Africa and India. Coffee Research Foundation, Ruiru, Kenya. 26 November 2007.