- Gathaara, M P H and Kiara, J M, 1984., Factors that influence yield in close-spaced coffee: I Light, dry matter production and plant water status. Kenya Coffee, 49 (580), 203 – 211 (1984).
- Gathaara, M P H and Kiara, J M, 1985., Factors that influence yield in close-spaced coffee: II Yield components. Kenya Coffee 50 (587), 387 – 392 (1985).
- Gathaara, M P H, 1986., Effects of some seed advancement treatments on the germination of Coffea arabica seeds. Kenya Coffee 51 (593), 55 – 59 (1986)
- Masaba, D M; Owuor, J B and Gathaara, M P H, 1986., Arabica coffee production in Kenya: an overview. Outlook on Agriculture, 15 (2), 88 – 92, (1986)
- Gathaara, M P H, 1988., Effects of irrigation rates and frequency on the growth and yield of Arabica. Kenya Coffee 53 (618), 309 – 312 (1988)
- Gathaara, M P H, 1988., Tree performance at close spacing as influenced by pruning cycle and site. Kenya Coffee 53 (626), 479 – 482 (1988)
- Gathaara, M P H and Kiara, J M, 1990., Density and fertilizer requirements of the compact and disease resistant Arabica coffee. Kenya Coffee 55 (646), 907 – 910 (1990)
- Gathaara, M P H and Gitau, K M, 1991., Effects of ergostim biostimulant on the growth, yield and quality of Arabica coffee. Kenya Coffee 56, 1117 – 1120 (1991)
Langat, Charles; Gathaara, Moses Hungu and Cheruiyot,Richard (Aug 2015).
Comparative response of catechin levels in drought tolerant and susceptible tea clones (Camellia sinensis (L) O Kuntze under different moisture regimes. African Journal of Plant Science 9(8):334-338.
Munyao, Joseph; Gathaara, M P H and Micheni Alfred, 2019. Effects of Conservation Tillage on Zea mays and Phaseolus vulgaris chlorophyll, sugars and yields in humic nitosol soils in Embu, Kenya. Afrian Journal of Agricultural Research Vol.14 (29), 1272-11278.
- Langat, Charles; Ombori, Omwoyo; Leley, Philip; Cheruuiyot, Richard, Gathaara, Moses; and Benard, Masila, 2019. Genetic Variability of Agronomic Traits as Potential indicators of Drought Tolerance in Common Beans (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). International Journal of gronomy Volume 2019, Article ID 2360848
International Conferences Attended and Papers Presented
- Association Scientifique Internationale du Café (ASIC) 1997, NAIROBI, Kenya
- Association Scientifique Internationale du Café (ASIC) 1999, HELSINKI, Finland
- Association Scientifique Internationale du Café (ASIC) 2001, TRIESTE, Italy
- Inter-African Coffee Organisation (IACO) Workshop on strengthening coffee projects for poverty reduction in Africa 2001, Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
- Connecting, enhancing and sustaining environmental services and market values of coffee agro-forestry in Central America, East Africa and India. Coffee Research Foundation, Ruiru, Kenya. 26 November 2007.