Research and Publications
- Articles in Refereed International Journals/with students/joint
- Faith W. Mburu, Sauda Swaleh, Wilson Njue(2012). Potential toxic levels of cyanide in cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz) grown in Kenya. African Journal of Food Science Vol. 6(16), 416-420, ISSN 1996-0792 @ Academic Journals
- Ngugi M P, Njagi M J, Kibiti M C, Ngeranwa J N. Njagi N M , Njue M W, Gathumbi K.P. ( 2012). Herbal Management of Diabetes mellitus: an expanding research avenue. International journal of current pharmaceutical research. Vol. 5 No.2 , 1- 4, ISSN- 0975 – 7066.
- Njue W M. Mburu F. Swaleh S. (2011). Cassava Food Poisoning in Eastern Province, Kenya. Cassava Cyanide Diseases Neurolathyrism Network (CCDN). No. 18 1- 2.
- Ngugi M. P. .Murugi N.J, Kibiti M.C, Ngeranwa J.J, Njue M.W, Njagi N.E, , Gathumbi K.P.(2011). Hypoglycemic Activity of some Kenyan plants traditionally used to manage Diabetes Mellitus in Eastern Province, Kenya. J. Diabetes Metab. 2 :8 : 156. ISSN: 2155 - 6156
- Farridah H. Were, Njue Wilson, Jane Murungi, Ruth Wanjau. (2008). Use of human nails as bio- indicators of heavy metals environmental exposure among school age children in Kenya. Sci Total Environ. 393 (2 -3) 576 -584, ISSN 0048 -1697.
- Local Journals/Kenyan
- Nyachoti S. K. Njue W. M. Murungi J. I. Wanjau R .N. (2011). Use of Urine as Biological Indicator of cyanide exposure among smokers in Kenya. Journal of Kenya Chemical Society, ISSN 1811- 5934. Vol. 6 No 1.
- Muchemi G. Njue W.M Wanjau R Murungi I J. (2007) immune boosting trace elements in selected food grains grown in Kenya. Journal of Kenya chem. society. Vol.4 No.2. 27 – 32, JKCS- ISSN 1811 – 5934.
- Njue, W.M., Kinyua A.M., Thing’uri,M.T. (2004). Energy potential of waste oils fcal automobiles and fish processing industries. Journal of Kenya Chemical Society. No.1 Vol.1 25- 28, ISSN 1811 - 5934
- Bor S.K., Simbauni J, Kinyua A.M., Njue W.M., Chhabra S.C.(2004) Heavy Metal Contaminants in tissues of Marine fauna along the Coast of Mombasa Island -Kenya. East African Journal of Physical Sciences 5(2) 61 – 68, ISSN 1729 - 5106
- Participation in Workshop/Conferences
- The 3rd Kenya Chemical Society International Conference. Heavy metals and Pesticides determination in Marine plants, sediments and sea water along Mombasa Coastline.Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology. 16th - 20th August 1999.
- Theoretical Chemistry in Africa Workshop - Mini Labs in the teaching of chemistry. (Paper presented) University of Nairobi, Kenya. 2nd - 6th November, 1998.
- EPO -ARIPO Workshop on Intellectual Property. University of Nairobi, Kenya.16th - 18th November, 1998.
- Presentation of papers at Academic and Professional Conferences
- 2nd Scientific conference. KMTC, Nairobi. 9th – 11th May 2012. Cassava Toxicity and other associated diseases.
- Kenya Chemical Society Conference. Finger nails as bio-indicator of heavy metals body over load. Mombasa, September 2009.
- Kenya Chemical Society 5th International Conference. Kenyatta University, August, 2006:
- Immune Boosting Trace Metals in food grains consumed in Kenya.
- Molluscicidal steroid alkaloids from solanum aculeastrum and solanum orundo