Research and Publications
- Articles in Refereed International Journals/with students/joint
Wilson Njue*, Jackson Kilonzo Kithokoi, Sauda Swaleh, Jane Mburu, Henry Mwangi (2020). Green ultrasonic synthesis, characterization and antibacterial activity of Silver and Gold Nanoparticles mediated by Ganoderma lucidum extract. Journal of Applied Chemistry Material Science & Engineering Research,Vol.4 (2): 1-7; ISSN: 2689–1204
Wilson Njue*, Jackson Kilonzo Kithokoi, Jane Mburu, Henry Mwangi, Sauda Swaleh (2020). Green Sonochemical Synthesis of Silver NanoparticlesUsing Adansonia Digitata Leaves Extract andEvaluation of Their Antibacterial Potential. European Journal of Advanced Chemistry Research,Vol.(2): 41-45, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.24018/ejchem.2020.1.2.5
Lucy Akinyi Aduda, Henry Mwangi, Sauda Swaleh and Wilson M Njue*(2019). Assessment of Potential Human Exposure to Arsenic in Imported and Locally Produced Rice in Kenya. EC Nutrition 14.11 (2019): 86-95.
Kithokoi J. Kilonzo1, Lawrence Ochoo2, John M. Maingi3, Sauda Swaleh1, Wilson M. Njue1*(2019). Green Sonochemical Biosynthesis of Silver Nanoparticles Using Brideria mycrantha bark extract and Their Antibacterial Activity. African Journal of Pure and Applied Chemistry, Vol. 13(3): 34-42; ISSN: 1996 – 0840
- Belinda Nasike Siangu1, Swaleh Sauda1, Mwonjoria Kingori John2 and Wilson Mbiti Njue1*(2019). Antioxidant activity, total phenolic and flavonoid content of selected Kenyan medicinal plants, sea algae and medicinal wild mushrooms.African Journal of Pure and Applied Chemistry, Vol. 13(3): 43-48; ISSN: 1996 – 0840
Kithokoi J. Kilonzo, Lawrence Ochoo, John M. Maingi, Henry Mwangi, Sauda Swaleh, Wilson M. Njue (2018), Ultrasound irradiated synthesis of silver nanoparticles using warbugia ugandensis stem bark extract, characterization and their potential as antibacterial agents International Journal of Scientific Research and Innovative Technology 2018 (79-85)
- Peter K. Karoki, Wilson M. Njue, Sauda Swaleh, Ezekiel K. Njoroge & Cecilia W. Kathurima Chemistry Department (2018) Determination of Ochratoxin A in Selected Cereal Grains Retailed in Nairobi Country, Kenya Journal of Food Research, Published by Canadian of Science and Education
- Kithokoi J. Kilonzo, Lawrence Ochoo, John M. Maingi, Sauda Swaleh, Wilson M. Njue (2018) Uitrasonic Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles Mediated by Prunus Africana Plant Extracts and Their Antibacterial Activity. ) International Journal of Nano and Material Sciences 7(1):43-56.
- Kithokoi J. Kilonzo, Lawrence Ochoo, John M. Maingi, Sauda Swaleh, Wilson M. Njue (2018) Ultrasonic Sonochemical Biosyntheses of Silver nanoparticles using Bridelia Micrantha and evaluation of their antibacterial activity, European International Journal of Science and Technology, (1-13).
Peter K. Karoki1, Wilson M. Njue1*, Sauda Swaleh1, Ezekiel K. Njoroge & Cecilia W. Kathurima2 (2018).Determination of Levels of Ochratoxin A in Selected Cereal Grains Flour, Baked Wheat Bread and Finger Millet Brew Retailed in Market Outlets in Nairobi County, Kenya. International Journal of Food Nutrition and Safety, 9(1): 49-58; ISSN:2165-896X
Peter K. Karoki1, Wilson M. Njue1*, Sauda Swaleh1, Ezekiel K. Njoroge & Cecilia W. Kathurima2. (2018).Determination of Ochratoxin A in selected Cereal Grains Retailed in Nairobi County, Kenya. Journal of Food Research; Vol. 7, No. 5 79-85; ISSN 1927-0887 E-ISSN 1927-0895
- Henry M Mwangi1 *, Wilson M Njue1 , Martin O Onani2 , Ntevheleni Thovhoghi3 and Wilfred T Mabusela2,4. (2017). Phlorotannins and a sterol isolated from a brown alga Ecklonia maxima, and their cytotoxic activity against selected cancer cell lines HeLa, H157 and MCF7. Interdiscip J Chem. Vol. 2(2) 1-6, ISSN: 2398-7537
- Wilson M. Njue. Ruth Wanjau. Njenga I. Kariuki. (2016).Analysis of Trace Elements by EDXRF in Selected Medicinal Plants used in Kenya. International Journal of Science & Techknowledge.Vol. 4(1) 1-4 , (ISSN 2321- 919X)
- Muchemi G.N, Wanjau R.N., Murungi I.J, Njue W.M*. (2015). Assessment of essential trace elements in selected food grains, herbal spices and seeds commonly used in Kenya. African Journal of Food Science. Vol. 9(8). pp 441-447, ISSN. 1996-0794.
- .Ngugi M P, Njagi M J, Kibiti M C, Ngeranwa J N. Njagi N M , Njue M.W,Gathumbi K.P.(2015).Hypoglycemic effects of Helichrysum odorassitinum in alloxan induced diabetic mice. The journal phytopharmacology. 4(1) : 30 - 33
- Faith W. Mburu, Sauda Swaleh, Wilson Njue(2012). Potential toxic levels of cyanide in cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz) grown in Kenya. African Journal of Food Science Vol. 6(16), 416-420, ISSN 1996-0792 @ Academic Journals
- Ngugi M P, Njagi M J, Kibiti M C, Ngeranwa J N. Njagi N M , Njue M W, Gathumbi K.P. ( 2012). Herbal Management of Diabetes mellitus: an expanding research avenue. International journal of current pharmaceutical research. Vol. 5 No.2 , 1- 4, ISSN- 0975 – 7066.
- Njue W M. Mburu F. Swaleh S. (2011). Cassava Food Poisoning in Eastern Province, Kenya. Cassava Cyanide Diseases Neurolathyrism Network (CCDN). No. 18 1- 2.
- Ngugi M. P. .Murugi N.J, Kibiti M.C, Ngeranwa J.J, Njue M.W, Njagi N.E, , Gathumbi K.P.(2011). Hypoglycemic Activity of some Kenyan plants traditionally used to manage Diabetes Mellitus in Eastern Province, Kenya. J. Diabetes Metab. 2 :8 : 156. ISSN: 2155 - 6156
- Farridah H. Were, Njue Wilson, Jane Murungi, Ruth Wanjau. (2008). Use of human nails as bio- indicators of heavy metals environmental exposure among school age children in Kenya. Sci Total Environ. 393 (2 -3) 576 -584, ISSN 0048 -1697.
- Local Journals/Kenyan
- Nyachoti S. K. Njue W. M. Murungi J. I. Wanjau R .N. (2011). Use of Urine as Biological Indicator of cyanide exposure among smokers in Kenya. Journal of Kenya Chemical Society, ISSN 1811- 5934. Vol. 6 No 1.
- Muchemi G. Njue W.M Wanjau R Murungi I J. (2007) immune boosting trace elements in selected food grains grown in Kenya. Journal of Kenya chem. society. Vol.4 No.2. 27 – 32, JKCS- ISSN 1811 – 5934.
- Njue, W.M., Kinyua A.M., Thing’uri,M.T. (2004). Energy potential of waste oils fcal automobiles and fish processing industries. Journal of Kenya Chemical Society. No.1 Vol.1 25- 28, ISSN 1811 - 5934
- Bor S.K., Simbauni J, Kinyua A.M., Njue W.M., Chhabra S.C.(2004) Heavy Metal Contaminants in tissues of Marine fauna along the Coast of Mombasa Island -Kenya. East African Journal of Physical Sciences 5(2) 61 – 68, ISSN 1729 - 5106
1.Participation in Workshop/Conferences
- Kenya chemical society internal conference. Essential trace metal analysis in medicinal plants commonly used in Kenya. University of Nairobi. 14th-18th April 2015
- The 3rd Kenya Chemical Society International Conference. Heavy metals and Pesticides determination in Marine plants, sediments and sea water along Mombasa Coastline.Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology. 16th - 20th August 1999.
- Theoretical Chemistry in Africa Workshop - Mini Labs in the teaching of chemistry. (Paper presented) University of Nairobi, Kenya. 2nd - 6th November, 1998.
- EPO -ARIPO Workshop on Intellectual Property. University of Nairobi, Kenya.16th - 18th November, 1998.
2. Presentation of papers at Academic and Professional Conferences
- 2nd Scientific conference. KMTC, Nairobi. 9th – 11th May 2012. Cassava Toxicity and other associated diseases.
- Kenya Chemical Society Conference. Finger nails as bio-indicator of heavy metals body over load. Mombasa, September 2009.
- Kenya Chemical Society 5th International Conference. Kenyatta University,August, 2006:
- (a) Immune Boosting Trace Metals in food grains consumed in Kenya.
- (b) Molluscicidal steroid alkaloids from solanum aculeastrum and solanum orundo
- 1st African Congress on Biology and Health. A survey of Medicinal plants traditionally used in cure of highland Malaria. University of Setif, Algeria, April 23 - 25, 2000.
- Kenya Chemical Society conference.Use of thiolmalonates in Organic synthesis. Moi University, Eldoret, Kenya. June, 1997.
- Inaugural conference, Kenya Chemical society.
- Synthetic studies of Clovane-diol, University of Nairobi, Kenya June 1994.
- Royal Society of Chemistry conference. Research and Teaching of Chemistry in Developing Countries. Imperial College, London, England, 1992.
3. Convening and co-ordinating Conferences
Coordination Team Member for Kenya Chemical Society International Conference held at Kenyatta University, August, 2006.