- Njeru E.M., Avio L., Sbrana C., Turrini A., Bocci G., Bàrberi P., Giovannetti M. (2013) First evidence for a major cover crop effect on arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi and organic maize growth. Agronomy for Sustainable Development: 1-8. DOI: 10.1007/s13593-013-0197-y.
- Njeru E.M. (2014). Exploiting diversity to promote mycorrhizal symbiosis and crop productivity in organic systems. PhD thesis, Sant’ Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Njeru, E.M., Maingi, J.M., Cheruiyot, R. and Gitonga, N.M. (2013) Managing soybean for enhanced food production and soil bio-fertility in smallholder systems through maximized fertilizer use efficiency. International Journal of Agriculture and Forestry 3(5):191-197 http://article.sapub.org/10.5923.j.ijaf.20130305.01.html
- Njeru, E.M. (2013) Crop diversification: a potential strategy to mitigate food insecurity by smallholders in sub Saharan Africa. Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Community Development http://dx.doi.org/10.5304/jafscd.2013.034.006 pp. 1–7 ISSN: 2152-0801 online
- Njeru E.M., Avio L., Sbrana C., Turrini A., Bocci G., Bàrberi P., Giovannetti M. (2013) Enhancing mycorrhizal symbiosis and productivity of field grown organic tomato through crop and management diversification (Oral presentation). International Conference on Organic Agriculture Sciences (ICOAS) conference proceedings. ‘Targeting Global Sustainability – Food Security, Biodiversity and Climate Change’9-13 October 2013, Budapest and Eger, Hungary.
- Luziatelli, G., Blanco, S. M., Mugendi, E., and Wright, H. (2012) Is the post-production phase of the food value chain even more affected by climate change than the production phase? an example of aflatoxin in stored maize in Kenya. Food Security-How can Science and Policy Contribute; PSC- ETNA Summer School 2011 Brochure, Zurich-Basel Plant Science Center.
- Njeru, E.M., Avio, L., Sbrana, C., Bocci, G., Giovannetti, M. and Bàrberi, P. (2012) Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal symbioses in organic systems: the role of crop breeding and management diversity (poster) In SOLIBAM Ist stakeholder congress April 19-20th 2012, Rome, Italy
- Mugendi, E., Giovannetti, M and Avio, L. (2011) Unraveling soil fertility dilemma by smallholders in sub-Saharan Africa: do arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi have a role to play? (Invited speaker)- International conference proceedings on ‘Increasing Agricultural Productivity and Food Security in Africa’ 1 -3 November 2011, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Main organizer-International Food Research Policy Institute (IFPRI).
- Mugendi, E., Gitonga, N. Cheruiyot, R. and Maingi, J. (2010) Biological Nitrogen Fixation by Promiscuous Soybean (Glycine max L. Merril) in the Central Highlands of Kenya: Response to Inorganic Fertilizer Soil Amendments, World Journal of Agricultural Sciences 6(4): 381-387 ISSN 1817-3047.
- Njeru, E.M., Gitonga, N.M., Cheruiyot, R. and Maingi, J.M. (2010) Response of promiscuous soybean varieties to phosphorus, potassium and sulphur applications in Eastern Kenya (Book chapter - manuscript reviewed and accepted).
- 2nd April 2013 Presented a seminar at Agroscope Reckenholz-Tanikon Research Station ART, Zurich Switzerland. Title; The effect of crop breeding and management diversity on arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi in low input/organic agroecosystems.
- 7-12 Oct. 2012 Fourth ENDURE summer school ‘Agroecological engineering for crop protection’ Volterra, Italy.
- 24-25 Sept. 2012 Strategies for Organic and Low-input Integrated Breeding and Management (SOLIBAM) WP4 workshop. Sant’ Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- 6-14 Sept. 2011 PSC and ETNA Summer School 2011- Food Security; How Can Science and Policy Contribute? Klewenalp, Switzerland.
- 15– 16 Sept. 2011 Exploitation of diversity in crop management. SOLIBAM workshop, Sant’ Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 February 2017 07:31