Department of Chemistry
- Ethno botanical Management of Brown Ear tick Rhipicephalus appendiculatus
- Essential Oils; Extraction and Chemical Profile Analysis, Determination of their Antimicrobial Activity.
- Isolation and characterization of antimalarial compounds from medicinal plants used in Kenya.
- Aflatoxins in Maize and Major Cereals, in locally brewed beverages and their raw materials, their Residue Levels in Human Blood and their Impact on the Kenya Agro- Based Economy.
On going Projects
- Tick repellents chemical constituents against Rhipicephalus appendiculatus
- Structural-activity studies of potential menthane-diol tick repellents
- Development of simple on-host behavioural manipulation tactics of controlling r. Appendiculatus, the vector of the cattle disease East Coast Fever.
- Margaret Mwihaki Ng’ang’a, Hidayat Hussain, Sumesh Chhabra Caroline Langat- Thoruwa, Karsten Krohn (2009). Chemical constituents from the root bark of Ozoroa insignis. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology 37: 116-119
- Margaret Mwihaki Ng'ang'a, Sumesh Chhabra, Caroline Langat-Thoruwa, Hidayat Hussain Karsten Krohn (2008). Chemical constituents from the leaves of Drypetes gerrardii. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology 36: 320 – 322.
- Wilson Njue., Margaret Mwihaki Njuguna, Richard Musau (1999). Determination of volatile impurities in alcoholic beverages using Gas-Liquid Chromatography. International journal of Biochem. Physics 8: 44-47
- Wilson Njue., Margaret Mwihaki Njuguna, Richard Musau (1999). Determination of aflatoxins rities in alcoholic beverages and in their raw material. International journal of Biochem. Physics 8: 44-47
Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 March 2016 08:51