Department of Chemistry
- Ethno botanical Management of Brown Ear tick Rhipicephalus appendiculatus
- Essential Oils; Extraction and Chemical Profile Analysis, Determination of their Antimicrobial Activity.
- Isolation and characterization of antimalarial compounds from medicinal plants used in Kenya.
- Aflatoxins in Maize and Major Cereals, in locally brewed beverages and their raw materials, their Residue Levels in Human Blood and their Impact on the Kenya Agro- Based Economy.
On going Projects
- Tick repellents chemical constituents against Rhipicephalus appendiculatus
- Structural-activity studies of potential menthane-diol tick repellents
- Development of simple on-host behavioural manipulation tactics of controlling r. Appendiculatus, the vector of the cattle disease East Coast Fever.
F. M. Maingi, H.M. Mvuvi, N.M. Ng’anga, H. Mwangi (2018). Adsorption of Cadmium Ions on Geopolymers Derived from Odinary Clay and Rice Husk Ash. 2018 International Journal of Material and Chemistry8(1): 1-9
- F. M. Maingi, H.M. Mvuvi, N.M. Ng’anga, H. Mwangi (2018). Aluminophosphates Derived from Tea Leaves and Pumpkin Seeds Ashes Adsorb Lead Ions from Contaminated Water 2018 Frontiers in Science 8(1) : 1-10
- Margaret Mwihaki Ng’ang’a, Hidayat Hussain, Sumesh Chhabra Caroline Langat- Thoruwa, Karsten Krohn (2009). Chemical constituents from the root bark of Ozoroa insignis. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology 37: 116-119
- Margaret Mwihaki Ng'ang'a, Sumesh Chhabra, Caroline Langat-Thoruwa, Hidayat Hussain Karsten Krohn (2008). Chemical constituents from the leaves of Drypetes gerrardii. Biochemical Systematics and Ecology 36: 320 – 322.
- Wilson Njue., Margaret Mwihaki Njuguna, Richard Musau (1999). Determination of volatile impurities in alcoholic beverages using Gas-Liquid Chromatography. International journal of Biochem. Physics 8: 44-47
- Wilson Njue., Margaret Mwihaki Njuguna, Richard Musau (1999). Determination of aflatoxins rities in alcoholic beverages and in their raw material. International journal of Biochem. Physics 8: 44-47
Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 February 2019 12:00