Research and Publications
Okun, O. Daniel, Muluvi, M. Geoffrey, Fathiya M. Khamis, Otiende M, and Kenya, U. Eucharia (2015). Distribution of Indigenous Strains of Atoxigenic and Toxigenic Aspergillus flavus and Aspergillus parasiticus in Kenya. Bio Med Central (Agr.& food sec) vol. 4:14
Otiende M, Kivata M, Makumi J, Mutinda M, Okun D. Kariuki L, et al., (2015). Epidemiology of Theileria bicornis among black and white rhinoceros metapopulation in kenya. BMC Veterinary research vol. 11(4).
Aluoch AM, Obonyo MA, Okun DO, Akinyi A, Otiende YM, Mungai PG. (2015). Morphological Diversity of Ascobolus and Pilobolus Fungi from Wild Herbivore Dung in Nairobi National Park, Kenya. Journal of Microbiology Research. 5(4): 134-141
Okun, O. Daniel, Muluvi, M. Geoffrey, Fathiya M. Khamis, Otiende M, and Kenya, U. Eucharia (2015). Molecular characterization of Toxigenic and Atoxigenic strains of Aspergillus flavus and Aspergillus parasiticus in Kenya using ITS markers. (in press).
- Kenya, E.U, Okun, D.O., Gachuche, D.N., Abdulahi, A., Abubakar, L.U. and Manohar, R. (2006). Detection and presumptive identification of Clostridium perfringens in drinking water. Aquacult journal vol. 7(1). 27-36.
- Okun, D. O., Kenya, E.U., Oballa, P. O., and D.W. Odee, Muluvi, G.M. (2008). Analysis of genetic diversity in E. grandis (Hill ex Maiden) populations using Inter simple sequence repeats (ISSR) molecular markers. Vol. 7 (13), pp. 2119–2123, African Journal of Biotechnology
- Okun, D. O., Kenya, E.U., and Ochanda, J. O.(2009). Evaluation of the antifungal effect of three selected medicinal plants against Candida albicans. (Manuscript under preparation)
- Okun, O. Daniel1, Muluvi, M. Geoffrey2, Fathiya M. Khamis and Kenya, U. Eucharia3§ (2012). Distribution of Indigenous Strains of Atoxigenic and Toxigenic Aspergillus flavus and Aspergillus parasiticus in Kenya (manuscript under review)
- Molecular characterization of Toxigenic and Atoxigenic strains of Aspergillus flavus and Aspergillus parasiticus in Kenya using ITS markers. (manuscript under preparation).
Seminars & Conferences
Rappatuer, Capacitate East Africa conference, Kenyatta University (22nd-29th June 2012)
IRD-IFS Workshop on Applying for Research Funding at The African Academy of Sciences Karen, Nairobi, Kenya. (28 May – 1 June 2012)
- Project Launch: Development and Commercialization of Biological Control of Aflatoxins in Nigeria and Kenya (3 June 2011 )- Nairobi Safari Club, Nairobi, Kenya.
Progress Reports presentation workshop at African Institute of Capacity Development (AICAD) headquarter, Juja, Nairobi, Kenya. (21st and 22nd February, 2005)
Annual Final reports workshop at AICAD headquarters (12th to 14th September 2005).
Kenyatta University Annual postgraduate seminar 2005 (2nd to 7th October, 2005)
Annual Biochemical Society of Kenya (BSK) 2008 symposium.
- Teaching & Research,
- SPAS- Undergraduate students (BSc. Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology & Forensic Science)
- SPAS- Postgraduate Prog.- (MSc. Biochemistry, Medical Biochemistry & Biotechnology)
- School of health Sciences:
- Year 1 & 2 MBchB- Medical Biochemistry
- Year 1 & 2 Bachelor of Pharmacy & Complementary Medicine- Medical Biochemistry
- Year 1 & 2 Bachelor of Nursing & Public Health- Medical Biochemistry
- Coordinator, Medical Biochemistry for Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (MBchB) and Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm). – from April 2014 - todate
- Departmental time tabler, Biochemistry Dept.
- Coordinator, Biochemistry club (KUBBIOC)- students club
- Treasurer, KUBBSWA (Departmental welfare)
- Chairman, Board of Undergraduate studies, Dept. of Biochemistry.