Department of Chemistry
Area of specialization
- Computational or Theoretical Chemistry
Computational chemistry and quantum chemistry, with particular reference to:
- Accurate calculations of structures and harmonic frequencies.
- Understanding, evaluating and improving simple qualitative bonding models by using accurate quantitative models.
- Economical methods of modelling the results of ab initio calculations. Teaching computational chemistry making use of computers in innovative ways.
- Integrating Computational Chemistry into Undergraduate Chemistry Curriculum in Kenya.
- Study of the Mechanism of Acid Catalyzed Esterification, Poster presented, Durban, South Africa, 3-8th December 2006
- Mechanism and Kinetics of the Esterification Reaction of Acetyl Chloride with Methanol: A Theoretical Study, Cape Town, South Africa, 23rd -27th September 2007
Last Updated on Thursday, 10 October 2013 20:07