- 2011-National Council for Science and Technology Grant 2011- Establishment of Integrated on Farm Nurseries of Tissue Culture (TC) Bananas and Multipurpose Trees (MTPs) For Sustainable Food Security and Wealth Creation in selected counties of Western and Nyanza. (Principal Investigator)
- 2009- Developing capacity for participatory and marker assisted plant breeding to mitigate low crop productivity and food security (EU-ACPCAPACITATE East Africa S&T Project FED /2009/218788 (Kenyatta University Project Leader)
- VICRES grant 2007 : “Banana tissue culture and nutrient enhancement for food security and income generation among people living with AIDS in the Lake Victoria basin.(Collaborator)
- International Women in Science and Engineering (IWISE) 1999 Research grant Helping women farmers in Kenya in the cultivation and marketing of bananas
- OSSREA, 10th Gender Issues Research Competition Grant titled “Towards Practical Solutions In Enhancing Food Security: The Gender Factor In Indigenous Crop Production”.
- M. Mwangi, S.W. Waudo, E.M. Kahangi (2011) In vitro mutation induction for the improvement of mycosphaerella fijiensis resistance in two banana cultivars grown in Kenya. ISHS Acta Horticulturae 897: International ISHS-ProMusa Symposium on Global Perspectives on Asian Challenges
- Mbaka J.N., Mwangi M. and Mwangi M.N. (2008). Banana farming as a business: the role of tissue cultured planting materials in Kenya. Journal of Applied Biosciences 9 (1): 354 - 361.
- Wamono E.B.K; Kaaya A.N.; Ng‟ang‟a Z., Wamue G., Manyama, A., Mwangi M. and J.H Muyonga (2011) Nutrient-Enhancement of matooke Banana For Improved Nutrient Intake Of People Living With HIV/AIDS in Rakai District, Uganda. African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition, Nutrition and Development (AJFAND) online VOl 11 NO 4, July 2011.
- A. Manyama, E. Wamono, J.H. Muyonga, G.Wamue-Ngare, M.N. Mwangi and Z.W. Ng‟ang‟a (2010) Banana tissue culture and nutrient enhancement for food security and income generation among people living with AIDS in the Lake Victoria basin. Journal of African Affairs 6-90.
- Mwangi, M.N ; G.Wamue-Ngare J.H. Muyonga, Z.W. Ng‟ang‟a and A. Manyama (2010) Biotechnology for the economic empowerment of Farmers; The opportunities and challenges in Banana tissue culture adoption in Kenya. Proceedings of the African Women in Science and Engineering (AWSE) Conference: A decade into the 21st century; the contribution of African women scientists and engineers, Nairobi, Kenya, 18th - 20th August 2010.