Dr Lucas Luvai Azaale Asaava
Position: Tutorial Fellow
Asaava Lucas holds a BVM.( Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine), an M.Sc. (Veterinary Epidemiology and Economics) and is Registered and retained Veterinary Surgeon, with the Kenya Veterinary Board (KVB). He is pursuing PhD in Immunology in the Department of Zoological Sciences, School of Physical and Applied Sciences (SPAS).
- Asaava LLA, Gicheru MM, Mwangi M, Mwangi E, Juma E, Moraa R, Halakhe A, Githui WA. A cross-sectional epidemiological investigation of nontuberculous mycobacteria of public health importance in slaughter camels in Samburu County, Kenya. Trop Anim Health Prod. 2020 Mar;52(2):661-669. doi: 10.1007/s11250-019-02054-2. Epub 2019 Aug 26. PMID: 31448381.
- Asaava LLA, Githui WA, Mwangi M, Mwangi E, Juma E, Moraa R, Halakhe A, Gicheru MM. Isolation, identification and associated risk factors of non‐tuberculous mycobacteria infection in humans and dromedary camels in Samburu County, Kenya. Zoonoses public health. 2020 August; 67:713-731
- Asaava L.L.A., Gicheru, M.M., Mwangi, M., Mwangi, E., Juma, Moraa, R., Halakhe, A. and Githui, W.A. (2019). A cross-sectional epidemiological investigation of nontuberculous mycobacteria of public health importance in slaughter camels in Samburu County, Kenya. Tropical Animal Health and Production. Received: 28 May 2019 /Accepted: 19 August 2019. Springer Nature B.V. 2019.
- Asaava LucasEt. Al. 2009A Survey Of Cysticercus Bovis/ Taenia Saginata In Northern Turkana Preventive Veterinary Medicine.
- Asaava,L.L., Kitala, P.M., Gathura, P.B., Muchemi, G., and Schelling. E. A Survey of Bovine Cysticercosis / Human Taeniosis in northern Turkana District Kenya. Prev. Vet. Med. prev. vet. Med.(2009).
- M.O Nanyingi, K.B. Kipsengeret, C.G. Wagate, B.K. Lagat,L.L. Asaavaand J.O. Midiwo. In Vitro and In Vivo Antiplasmodial activity of Kenyan medicinal plants. In Aspects of African Biodiversity: proceedings of the pan African chemistry network biodiversity conference, Nairobi, 2008. Ed. J.Midiwo and J. Clough
- International food safety conference, Kenyatta University, 2019
- Kenyatta University Biennial Research and Research (KUBRIC) conference, 2019
- World one health conference, 2020- abstract accepted
Technical & Administrative
- Member of Kenyatta University- Animal Care and Use Committee (KU-ACUC): April, 2017 to date.
- Departmental Examinations coordinator: September, 2017 to date.
- Delivering content, facilitating e-learning, supervision of undergraduate student projects in the department of zoological sciences and Department of Animal Sciences, Kenyatta University.
- Asaava L. A. Lucas 2009 A Survey Of Cysticercus Bovis/ Taenia Saginata In Northern Turkana Terra Nouva/Amref.
Progress towards PHD
- PhD.completed awaiting graduation