- 9th – 13th October 2011. Participated in the 1st Biennial Vicres Forum held at the Commonwealth Speke Resort, Munyonyo, Uganda.
- 13th – 14th Sept 2011: Successfully participated in the training on conflict management for peace committees at Luke Hotel Rosters – Thika.
- June 29 – July 3rd, 2011: Presented a paper at the 17th International Interdisciplinary Conference on the Environment, Kona, Hawaii, US, titled “Efficiency of Constructed Wetlands in Treatment of Flower Farms Waste Water Effluents around Lake Naivasha, Kenya”.
- 24th – 26th May 2011. Delegate, Regional Curriculum Development Workshop on Pan African University Institute of Science, Technology and Innovation (Pauisti) at the Kenya School of Monetary Studies.
- Feb 2010 Presented a paper on “Fish Species Composition and their Feeding Habits In Two Lake Victorian Basin Rivers: Rivers Kisian And Awach, Kenya’ at the Aquaculture Forum in Mwanza, Tanzania.
- 26 – 30 Oct 2009: Participated as a facilitator in the training workshop on “Data for Decision Making” for Western Province at the Christian Guest House, Kakamega.
- June 2009. Participated in Fish Sector Vicres research team in Arusha, Tanzania.
- 5th to 9th April 2009. Participated in Data-For- Decision-Making Training of Trainers (TOT) Workshop by FHI, KU and NASCOP at the Great Rift Valley Lodge, Naivasha.
- 29 Oct -1st Nov 2008. Attended a workshop of Lead Scientists with the Lake Victoria (VicRes) Initiative, Jinja, Uganda.
- 27th – 29th March 2008. Attended a KAPP project initialization workshop in Embu.
- 16th – 22nd March 2008. Attended a workshop on proposal development for the Lake Victoria (VicRes) Initiative, Jinja, Uganda.
- 4th and 5th February, 2008. Participated in a National Stakeholders Workshop on Credit Accumulation and Transfer System at the Kenya School of Monetary Studies by the Commission for Higher Education.
- 2009 – Present: Lead investigator: VicRes funded project on the “Enhancing Riverine Fisheries Productivity and Water Quality Imprment through Integrated Weir and Riparian Vegetation Propagation Technologies in the Lake Victoria Basin”.
- Kenya Agricultural Productivity (KAPP)project project Project title “Optimization and commercialization of fishery value chain within Narumoru Rural Communities, Kenya”
- 2005-2009 AICAD project: Co-researcher with Dr. James J. Jumbe, J. J. and Dr. Lucy Maina. Project title “Introduction of Aquaculture and Fishing on Small Dams and Reservoirs to Increase Fish Availability and Income of the Local Communities in Thika and Maragua Districts, Kenya”. 2006-present: Commission for Higher Education (CHE) project. Co-researcher with Dr. James J. Jumbe, J. J. and Dr. Lucy Maina. Project title “Utilization of Reservoir Dams in Fish Production in Maragwa, Thika and Kiambu Districts”.
- Ndiwa, C. T., Mwangi, B. M., Kairu, E., Kaluli, J. W. and Nyingi, D. 2012. Physicochemocal characteristics of undrainable water dams utilized for fish farming in the semi arid Naromoru area, Central Kenya. JAGST 14(2). In Press.
- Mwangi, B. M., Ombogo, M. A., Amadi, J., Baker, N. and Mugalu, D. 2012. Fish species composition and diversity of small riverine ecosystems in the Lake Victoria Basin, Kenya. International Journal of Science and Technology 2(9): 675-680.
- Kimani, R. W, Mwangi, B. M. and Gichuki, C. M. 2011. Treatment of flower farm wastewater effluents using constructed wetlands in lake Naivasha, Kenya. Indian Journal of Science and Technology Vol. 5: 1-9.