Refereed Journal Articles
2020 Irene Seila Nyamwaka, Ethel Monda, Omwoyo Ombori and Johnson Kwach . Sources of Fungal Contamination of Fresh and Dried Fish in Kisii County, Kenya. Microbiology Research Journal International; 30(10): 50-62,
2020. Irene Seila Nyamwaka, Ethel Monda , Richard Omwoyo Ombori and Johnson Kwach. Prevalence and Characterization of Moulds Associated with Fish Feeds Sold in Kisii County, Kenya. Journal of Advances in Microbiology. 20(8): 3141,
2020; Article no.JAMB.60520 ISSN: 2456-7116
2020. Ethel Monda, Joel Masanga, Amos Alakonya Variation in occurrence and Aflatoxigenicity of Aspergillus flavus from two climatically varied regions in Kenya.
Toxins 2020, 12,34; doi:10.3390/toxins1201003
2020. Lawrence Alaro. Ethel Monda . Omwoyo, Okun. Fumonisin B1 (FB1) and fumonisin B2 (FB2) levels in maize genotypes grown in Nakuru County-Kenya Ed.
Mehdi Razzaghi-Abyaneh pp41 – 58. ISBN978-953-51-0904-4
2018. Stanley K. Kimaru, E. Monda, R. C. Cheruiyot, J. Mbaka, and A. Alakonya. Sensitivity of Colletotrichumgloeosporioides Isolates from Diseased Avocado Fruits to Selected Fungicides in Kenya,” Advances in Agriculture, vol. 2018,
Article ID 3567161, 6 pages. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/3567161
2018. S. K. Kimaru, E. Monda, R. C. Cheruiyot, J. Mbaka, and A. Alakonya. Morphological and Molecular Identification of the Causal Agent of
Anthracnose Disease of Avocado in Kenya,” International Journal of Microbiology, vol. 2018, Article ID 4568520, 10
2016. Monda E.O and Alakonya A.E. A Review of Agricultural Aflatoxin Management Strategies and Emerging Innovations in sub –Sahara Africa, African
Journal of Agriculture Nutrition and Development 16:11126-11138.
2015. Joel Masanga, Jonathan Matheka, Rasha Omer Sheila Ommeh1, Ethel Monda and Amos Alakonya. Downregulation of transcription factor aflR in aflatoxin
accumulation in transgenic maize with alteration of host plant architecture. Plant Cell reports Springer DOI 10.1007/s00299-015-1794-9.
2014. Theddeus M. Kiswii, Ethel O. Monda, Paul O. Okemo, Christine B. Amos E. Alakonya. Efficacy of selected medicinal plants from Eastern Kenya against
Aspergillus flavus 2014. Published online MM DD 2014 (http://www.sciencepublishinggroup.com/j/jps)doi: 10.11648/j.jps.20140205.22
2014. Menge D. S., Makobe M., Monda E.O., and Okemo P.O. Effects of crude extracts on some selected physiological parameters of French beans) Phaseolus
vulgaris) infected with rust (Uromyces appendiculatus).
- A.E. Alakonya, S.M. Runo E. O. Monda, N.R. Sinha., 2014, Application and intercropping of maize and sorghum with Lupinus albus inhibits Striga hermonthica emergence and arbuscular mycorrhiza fungal colonization.Agricultural. Science Research Journal 4:1-9, January 2014.
- Margaret W. Mwangi; Ethel O. Monda; Sheila A. Okoth; Joyce M. Jefwa, 2011, Inoculation of tomato seedlings with Trichoderma harzianum and arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi and their effect on growth and control of wilt in tomato seedlings., Brazilian Journal of Microbiology, 2: no2 April/June 2011.
- A.E. Alakonya, S.M. Runo, K. Dan, E. Monda, J. Machuka and N. Sinha, 2010, Lack of GFP Trafficking from Transgenic Nicotiana benthamiana to parasitizing Cuscuta pentagona., Global Journal of Biotechnology & Biochemistry 5:237-242
- Margaret W. Mwangi; Ethel O. Monda; Sheila A. Okoth; Joyce M. Jefwa., 2009, Effect of Trichoderma harzianum and arbuscular Mycorrhizal fungi on growth in tomato seedling (Lycopersicum esculantum Mill) Nappier (Pennisetum purpureum L.) and Tea cuttings (Camellia sinensis L)., Tropical and Subtropical Agroecosystems 11:423-429.
- Monda, E.O., Asanga, D.O., Okemo, P.O., 2009, Efficacy of selected plant extracts against bean rust disease (Uromyces appendiculatus) on French beans (Phaseolus vulgaris L)., Journal of Tropical Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Maina, P.K., Okoth, S. Monda, E.O., 2009, Impact of land use on distribution and diversity of Fusarium species in Taita, Kenya., Tropical and subtropical Agrosystems, 11: 323-335
- Njue, L.G., Okemo, P.O., Monda, E.O., 2009, Efficacy of onion (Allium cepa L.) and garlic (Allium sativum L.) juice against common pathogens associated with meat., Journal of Tropical Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Maina, P.K., Okoth, S., Njoroge, C.N., Monda, E.O., 2009, Genetic relateness among Fusarium species isolated from Taita Taveta Region, Kenya., Tropical and subtropical Agrosystems, 11: 337- 345.
- Alakonya, A.E. Monda, E.O. Ajanga, S., 2009, Fumonisin B1 and Aflatoxin B1 levels in Kenyan maize., Journal of Plant Pathology, 91:459-464.
- Alakonya, E. A., Monda, E.O., Ajanga, S., 2008, Variation in in vitro Fumonisin B1 production by different Fusarium verticillioides isolates in Kenya., America-Eurasian J. Agric & Environ Sci., 4: 368-371.
- Alakonya, E. A., Monda, E.O., Ajanga, S., 2008, Effect of delayed harvest on maize ear rot in Western Kenya., America-Eurasian J. Agric & Environ Sci., 4: 372-380
- Alakonya, E. A., Monda, E.O., Ajanga, S., 2008, Management of Fusarium verticillioides root infection court in maize using organic soil amendments., World Applied Sciences Journal 5:161-170
- Kimaru, S.K. Waudo, S.W., Monda, E.O. Seif, A.A., Birgen, J.K., 2004, Effect of Neem Kernel Cake powder on Fusarium wilt of tomato when used as soil amendments., Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development in the Tropics and Subtropics, 105:63-69.
- Monda, E.O., 2002, Reaction of selected Kenyan bean cultivars to Phaeoisariopsis griseola ., Journal of Tropical Microbiology 1:2-7
- Monda, E.O., 2002, Biological control of Fusarium wilt of tomato – a review Journal of Tropical Microbiology 1:60-70
- Monda, E.O., F.E. Sanders, A. Hicks, 2001, Infection and colonization of leaf by Phaeoisariopsis griseola. Plant, Plant Pathology 50:103-110
Books and Books Chapters
Chapter in Book
- Monda, O. Aflatoxigenicity of Aspergillus flavus and occurrence of bacteria in soils from two climatically varied regions in Kenya, Mombasa, Kenya. 24 - 27/06/2018.
- Nyamwaka, I. S. Monda, E.O. Prevalence and characterization of Aspergillus flavus and other moulds in fresh and dried fish sold in Kisii County, Kenya. Kenyatta University Biennial Research and Innovation Conference 2019. Nairobi, Kenya.
- Alaro, L.O. Monda,E.O. Fumonisins B1 and FB2 production levels in maize genotypes grown in Nakuru County, Kenya. Kenyatta University Biennial Research and Innovation Conference 2019. Nairobi, Kenya.
- Kimaru, S. K. E. Monda, First report on Colletotrichumboninense and Pestalotiopsismicrospora infecting avocado in Kenya. IX World avocado congress Sept. 2019), Medellin, Colombia.
- Kimaru,S.K E. Monda, Characterization ofcolletotrichumgloeosporioides(penz.) penz. &sacc. and effective management of anthracnose disease of avocado in Murang’a county, Kenya. Wageningen University, Netherlands. 2016.
- Monda, E.O. Occurrence and aflatoxigenicity of Aspergillus flavus in maize and soil from different maize growing districts in Kenya. Kenya School of Monetary Studies, Nairobi,Kenya. 2013.
- Monda, E.O. Efficacy of selected fungicides and Bio-control agents in management of Fusarium wilt of passion fruits. Kenya School of Monetary Studies, Nairobi, Kenya. 2013.
- Monda, E.O. Incidence of Aspergillus species and levels of aflatoxin B1 in maize from Easten Province of Kenya. Leeuwenhorst, Netherlands. 8-10 November 2010.
- Monda, E.O. Screening maize for resistance to fumonisins. Turkey. May 21-25 2009.
- Monda, E.O. Incidence of toxigenic fungi in maize at three harvest intervals in two Divisions in Western Kenya. Accra, Ghana. 13th – 16th September 2005.
- Monda, E.O. Incidence of toxigenic fungi in maize in Western Kenya. Bari, Italy. 26th – 30th September 2006.
- Monda, E.O. Invited participant. Second Science with Africa Conference.- Network of African Centres for Technology Development and Transfer. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. 21st - 26th June 2010.
- Monda, E.O. Efficacy of selected fungicides in management of bean rust (Uromyces appendiculatus) on French beans. Kenya School of Monetary Studies. Nairobi, Kenya. 16 –19th March 2004.
- Monda,E.O. Efficacy of selected plants extracts against bean rust (Uromyces appendiculatus) on French beans (Phaseolus vulgaris) . Kenya School of Monetary Studies. Nairobi, Kenya. 16 –19th March 2004.
- Alakonya, A.E., Monda, E.O., Incidence of maize ear rot fungi in selected maize varieties at different harvest intervals in Tongaren and Malava divisions of Western Kenya. Kenya. School of Monetary Studies, Nairobi, Kenya. 16 –19th March 2004.
- Monda, E.O. French beans production constraints in Nkuene and Abogeta divisions of Meru Cental district in Kenya. Hilton Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya12-17th October, 2003.
- Shitabule, E.W., Monda,E.O., Identifying resistant varieties to Fusarium moniliforme. Hilton Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya. 12-17th October, 2003.
- Monda, E.O. French beans production constraints in Nkuene and Abogeta divisions in Meru Central District Hilton Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya. 12-17th October, 2003.
- Alakonya A. E., Monda,E.O., Ajanga, S. Management of Fusarium moniliforme using organic amendments.Hilton Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya. 12-17th October, 2003.
- Lwole Charles, Monda E.O. Cassava mosaic disease in Western Kenya. Utalii Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya. Kenya. 18th - 20th 2001 April.
- 21. Monda, E.O. Effect of angular leaf spot of beans on seed yield in Kenya.Pan African Conference, Nairobi, Kenya. 2001.
- Kimaru, Stanley, Monda, E.O. Management of tomato wilt with Neem biopesticides. Nairobi, Kenya, 1999.
- Kimaru, Stanley, Monda, E.O. Invitro evaluation of fungicides and fungicide combinations against Fusarium root rot of French beans. Nairobi, Kenya. 9th – 13th November 9th 1998.
- Wagichunge, A.R. Monda E.O. Invitro evaluation of fungicides and fungicide combination against Fusarium root rot of French beans. Nairobi, Kenya. 1998
- 2019. Chaired a Committee that won NRF grant of Sh 69M for National Phytotherapeutics Research Centre at Kenyatta University. The center is functioning to fulfil its mandate
- 2003 - 2005 Management of bean rust on French beans with Plant extracts. Project in progress with financial assistance from African Institute for Capacity Development African Institute of Capacity Development (AICAD) US $ 30,000 Trained one M.Sc student (Dr Ethel O. Monda - PI)
- 2002-2004 Management of Fusarium moniliforme in maize and reduction of fumonisins. Project completed and trained 2 M.Sc. students with financial assistance from Rockefeller Foundation US $ 60,000 (Dr Ethel O. Monda - PI)
- 2008-2009 Management of Bean rust with selected Plant extract (PI) Funded by Horticultural Crop Development Authority US $ 30,000 Trained one M.Sc student (Dr Ethel O. Monda -PI)